Can I switch from hydro plants to dirt pots 2 months into veg?

• Thread starter Thedevilslettuce83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thedevilslettuce83

Thedevilslettuce83

I have 7 plants in seperate deep water Culture but it's a pain in the butt! I want to switch them over to dirt and let them recover before flipping them....is this possible? I need the space and simplicity because I will be using netting that will make it hard to get to the dwc buckets .

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I don't know a ton about hydro but from the soil side of things I would say its theoretically possible. 2 months means they're pretty big so might be tough. You need enough soil they have a bit of room to grow into. The transplant is extremely stressful to the plant under any circumstances, especially under yours. I would think its way less trouble to just finish and then do soil on the next grow. Keep us updated on what you end up doing and good luck!

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I have 7 plants in seperate deep water Culture but it's a pain in the butt! I want to switch them over to dirt and let them recover before flipping them....is this possible? I need the space and simplicity because I will be using netting that will make it hard to get to the dwc buckets .
Lol last year was my first dwc grow and it wore me out with just 4 buckets, I spent hours a day but I grew some killer pot. Now I’m on my second dwc grow and it is soooo simple now I spend minutes a day vs hours! I promise you hydro is awesome once you get it down. I don’t use netting at all because without a recirculating dwc you have to get into the buckets, there are other ways to support your buds. When I take clones I let them sit in water using another air pump until root growth and I plant them in soil so it is possible but you are going to come to a dead halt compared to hydro. Tell us some of your problems you are having I and I’m sure others will help as much as possible. Pics, nutrient line, water type, etc.. all will be helpful

Latest posts

Top Bottom