Can I Take A Cutting From A Plant Before Harvest?

• Thread starter Neilio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Neilio

i want to keep the plant going in any form as it has turned out amazing?
also do you have to take all the roots out when hanging to dry or cut off at bottom of stem?
thank s
neilio

Monster762

Monster762

Not a pro at all but according to all research you want to take cuttings for clones before flowering if possible. And I always just chopped bottom off when harvest hang upside down n trim don't dry too fast but don't let mold either. Some like to pull roots n all and dip root in boiling water. It shocks everything up into the plant (supposedly). My opinion is how much is really in that root to force up? Is it worth the time? Thc is produced in the bud. In the sticky that catches the pollen. That's why when you don't allow pollen the thc level goes up. Nature tries to reproduce by any means. Even growing male branches. I am going to do my first clones off this batch once I stabilize it.just because of seed availability. Having some problems. New to indoor. They say cut at 45degree angle with sharp knife or razor. Use healthy branches. Bigger the better. If flowering they say to cut flowers off too. Hopefully someone with more experience will correct whatever I'm wrong about. Never take 1 persons opinion.

Monster762

Monster762

Ok I will read. I have chopped tops off n revegged too. I thought he wanted to clone. I'm definitely all about learning. That's why I said I'm no pro. Don't do anything based on my words especially on stuff I've never done. I've never cloned but been reading cause I really want to clone. I mean no harm to anyone here please don't think I do. I'm just doing a lot of reading and there is so much I don't know. Especially indoors. Outdoors is easy. Whole different world inside as I'm learning now.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Yes it will try to go to flower though. Putting it under 24-hour well help it switch back to veg. It really depends on the variety.

indicabush

indicabush

@Monster762 ..."I mean no harm to anyone here please don't think I do."

No harm, no foul...majority of the farmers here have thick skin; it come with the territory. This site is all about learning and having some fun doing it.

Pull up a chair light-up and pop a cold one:smoking:

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

i would leave a few lower branches on the plant and reveg it if you want to keep it around.just put it back in the veg room and feed a lil calmag then resume normal veg feeds.i have done it a few times,takes about 3 to 4 weeks to get new growth that you can clone from
Great idea!

Top Bottom