• Thread starter Catheriena
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catheriena

Catheriena

Hey everyone.

I'm looking to get some clones. The problem? I cant afford to buy those AND my medicine so I'm curious if I can do an agar print of a strain by a bud of the plant? Stems are terrible to smoke and honestly nothing ticks me off more than finding a .5 g stem in my 3.5 bag. So anyone know if I can do this without an internode? Thanks in advance!

Overgrow the world!
Cat.

Catheriena

Catheriena

Oh wow ty! I'm in the 605 if that means area code lol I was just curious if a bud could do it bc you run across strains that are bomb but nobody knows what the heck it is. So I figured if it's like mushies I can slap a bud into agar in a petridish and off to the races lol I appreciate you being willing to do that. What strains are you working with? Ty so much for responding!

Ponky

Ponky

Oh wow ty! I'm in the 605 if that means area code lol I was just curious if a bud could do it bc you run across strains that are bomb but nobody knows what the heck it is. So I figured if it's like mushies I can slap a bud into agar in a petridish and off to the races lol I appreciate you being willing to do that. What strains are you working with? Ty so much for responding!
Right now Pine Tar. Which is a Pakistani Kush. And 34th Street Pink Lemonade. Those are still young waiting to grow into mothers.

Catheriena

Catheriena

Oh wow those are two awesome strains. I'm humbled you would donate them to me. Is the pine tar a lot like jack flash taste wise? I love that strain but it doesn't make good rso. It's almost too piney. I love lemon so that pink lemonade sounds bomb. Is it touchy to grow? Description said it could be.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Sorry but tissue culture only works on live cells. Standard cloning also will not work.

Catheriena

Catheriena

Sorry but tissue culture only works on live cells. Standard cloning also will not work.
I was always under the impression cured bud was still alive? I know internodes are required for many species of plants so I was just hoping cannabis was more like mycology. Bummer. I got soo excited for a moment.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

No cured buds have since passed on to the god of smoky tranquility lol. You would have to do some Jurassic park type stuff to get it back.

True tissue culture can be started from a single live undifferentiated cell. Like mycelium spores. If you understand that part of it you just need live material.

Catheriena

Catheriena

Yup I understand mycology. College years were good to me lol. Ty for the info bc I was gonna start dissecting stems that I know are ancient lol may still try it when July hits bc I'm gonna wanna propagate what I eventually aquire anyways. I just wish it worked bc that would be some Frankenstein shit lol. Ty for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom