Can I top my revegging/vegged plant?

• Thread starter LongFlight
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LongFlight

Had an untopped girl in flower for 1-2wks who was not supposed to be. Actual flowering (not flip) just began for a 2-3 days and I moved her out. She has finally shown the round 1-blade back in the veg room.

It is my understanding that once the round 1-blade is seen, the plant has actually completed revegging.

With this assumption.. I should be able to top her down to say 3-5th node and she will grow normally from this point on in veg form?

Melvan

Melvan

You'll be fine, but when you put her back into flower keep a sharp eye open for hermies. This plant has been "confused", and she may stay that way even after revegging, especially if she was a femmed seed to begin with.

F

freshproduce

Yeah man...I would've tossed her myself. Putting plants back into VEG def causes herms; however, most of the time not. Why take the risk though!? Hope this helps!
Fresh Produce

L

LongFlight

Had to do it in the first place because i thought i didnt have a mother on the side... Moved her from flower to veg for 3 days before i found the mother i had already set aside incase i forget... Nice eh. Hahaha.

homebrew420

homebrew420

how much longer do you plan to veg. Give her a few weeks she will be fine. I have never seen a revegged plant throw male flowers that wasn't already prone to doing so on her own. Once they are back into veg make sure yo see those standard leafs before throwing into flower. Why take the chance.

Peace

L

LongFlight

Homebrew

Was just going to make her a mother til i decide different...

Do you think where i top will affect future growth? Reason i say this is bc plant is ~24" tall, bottom half looks visually as if it is a flowering plant and the top half slowly reverts back tp veg. If i top into the "budded" part, will new growth be same as if i didnt top her?

Hope you still get me..Im terrible with words

Melvan

Melvan

Why don't you just take some cuttings from what looks like it's vegged and start all new plants? Seems like that would be easier. The one does the best keep as your mother, grow the others out.

L

LongFlight

I have an additional mother in soil and a teen goin from that mother already.

Do appreciate the feedback in the thread, but i am looking specifically for an answer to a conceptual question:

"if Plant A has sucessfully revegged and its current state is vegetative, would all new growth (regardless of spatial location on plant) be of a vegetative state?"

I have already topped it, but it feels funny even though by definition the logic is sound.

Melvan

Melvan

"if Plant A has sucessfully revegged and its current state is vegetative, would all new growth (regardless of spatial location on plant) be of a vegetative state?"

Yes, your new growth will be at the same stage, no matter where it comes out.

M

Mithcman

Could probably be answering my own question in my thread?

Cheers

Top Bottom