Can i use a Green CFL bulb in my room when the light r off?

• Thread starter CanadianClassic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Gator

420Gator

i wouldnt trust the cfls btw, they look painted green and not really a green light

homebrew420

homebrew420

small led lamp that screw in to a standard socket may be an answer. The fact that the wattage is so low may be ok, especially if they are green. Leds are going to be the only thing I would trust, even i fthey are not green. their luminosity is so low and very specific. My friends have showed me their rooms during the dark cycle with flashlight leds with never a problem.

S

SRHninja

Ok we know CFL's can vege and flower, so why coloring the bulb changes that?

i thought that to change the spectrum the actual light itself needed to be changed not the tint.... but the actual color emitted?

K

kinzla34

CFL's do not put out enough light at the proper spectrums. Metal
Halide or T5 for veg and then flower bud with a a lamp that puts out over 600 nanometers in the infrared wavelengths. That's an HPS. You'll have no problems with that setup.

G

gudkarma

dont use it, had a plant reveg on me before using the green cfl youre talking about. i would just stay out of the flower room when the lights are off. you have 12 hours a day to get what you need to get done... should be plenty of time to do whatever needs to be done.

agreed.

but i also think there are crucial moments (leaving behind that sidecar bubbler?) when checking during lights off is an option.

also checking your room at lights out is a good way to find errant light leaks or cover that glaring red led light on the space heater with a piece of electrical tape ;-) ...and then grabbing that bubbler.

they make tactical green led flashlights. i see those green led thingy-ies you slip over your ear to work in the garden (ebay).

led green = real green light

i use one. they work. like i said it is good to check the opperation of things at night.

i run timers to vent humidity several blocks of time during lights off rather than run a dehuey (which is working great in my room & saving me $)... i set it up & need to check it so i can rest comfortably.

E

ent

just use LED's. they can be any color. don't smash your led light right onto the plant and don't sit in there for hours on a consistent basis. low wattage bulbs will dissipated their energy at an exponential rate, so just even a foot away on a 1-3 watt LED will be much less than moonlight.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Ive been using 4ft green t5's in a single strip fixture with no issues for 3 runs now

http://img339.invalid.com/img339/4039/hlift5sbst4.jpg

http://img840.invalid.com/img840/5526/hlift5b4g.jpg

very bright.. i have 2 that illuminate my entire space.

CBD Farmer

CBD Farmer

Just so we're clear. . . this is the light bulb NOT to use??

I just had to pick off a bunch of naners, and thought it was because I had 93-95 F temps for a few days. I have 3 of these party bulbs, and this is my first time trying them out in my grow room, and also the first time I've ever had a hermie issue. Damn. .

Pb
cwragronomy

cwragronomy

Just so we're clear. . . this is the light bulb NOT to use??

I just had to pick off a bunch of naners, and thought it was because I had 93-95 F temps for a few days. I have 3 of these party bulbs, and this is my first time trying them out in my grow room, and also the first time I've ever had a hermie issue. Damn. .

Those bulbs are doing you zero favors. My vote is recycle the safely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom