Can I use ffj,fpj,faa as hydroponic fertilizers??

• Thread starter Simba1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Simba1

Simba1

Hi guys ,and girls ,I was wondering if I can use ffj,fpj,faa as a hydropinic fertilizers??

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I think is a general No No....
Even if you are culturing good bacterias, the amount of sugar present in it will just make bloom ALL the bacteria present in your res...
bacterias eats oxigen sugars and nutrients creating big Ph swings that can lead to lockouts...

But also dependa on what you mean by hydro.....if you were considering coco maybe yes u can...but not by drippers cause they will clog fo sure
I have a friend who swear about his habit to add kelp to his RDWC🤯....aand its problems all over.....but hes happy and keep going....😃
Also when u start messing with organic liquid ferts you EC pen is just useless tool while should b essential in hydro to help you understand how plants eats....

The question would be more like : in such a controlled and precise tecnique of growing like hydro is, what would be the benefit of using organic ferts???🧐

Simba1

Simba1

I think is a general No No....
Even if you are culturing good bacterias, the amount of sugar present in it will just make bloom ALL the bacteria present in your res...
bacterias eats oxigen sugars and nutrients creating big Ph swings that can lead to lockouts...

But also dependa on what you mean by hydro.....if you were considering coco maybe yes u can...but not by drippers cause they will clog fo sure
I have a friend who swear about his habit to add kelp to his RDWC🤯....aand its problems all over.....but hes happy and keep going....😃
Also when u start messing with organic liquid ferts you EC pen is just useless tool while should b essential in hydro to help you understand how plants eats....

The question would be more like : in such a controlled and precise tecnique of growing like hydro is, what would be the benefit of using organic ferts???🧐
I was watching youtube ,I knew about the hydro system but I was just curious if I can run it in small hydro system that can be chenged very fast and easy?!!!! Like hand made one and keep the water temp at 18 c

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Yes you can. Get a ppm meter and go to town. Some people say organics don't show on an EC meter, but they do if they are broken down by microbes and are accessible to plants. Keep it 1-1.8 EC depending on plant stage. Use calcium and potassium carbonate as pH up.

That said, it is very smelly. You are also going to be scrubbing biofilm off of your reservoir every change out.

Simba1

Simba1

Yes you can. Get a ppm meter and go to town. Some people say organics don't show on an EC meter, but they do if they are broken down by microbes and are accessible to plants. Keep it 1-1.8 EC depending on plant stage. Use calcium and potassium carbonate as pH up.

That said, it is very smelly. You are also going to be scrubbing biofilm off of your reservoir every change out.
Very help full,what are u suggesting for pottassium carbonate?

Top Bottom