can Icut these branches off? flowering ww 3 weeks

• Thread starter jordisgarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jordisgarden

I have 4 white widow girls in 2 gal bags. i also have other strains in 5 gals. now the white widows were vegged for 1 month as opposed to a 65 day veg on the others.
on the white widows at the bottoms there are a few tiny 6 or 7 inch but useless as far a bud producing branch.
is it ok to get rid of these at 33 days flower? or will i fuck up the hormonal flow of the plant and stress it?
these branches are not gonna produce shit. so i figure they are leaching good shit from thee producing branches.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

You are far too late. If you are on day 33 that is almost 5 weeks of flowering, not 3. If you choose to remove these branches now you will absolutely stress the plant and it will result in lost quality in harvest. Once in flower you can trim up the plants, bend them, or do whatever you need to up to 14 days. After day 14 you are going to start to stress out the plant. I do like to allow my plants to do the initial stretch in flower and then trim what does not fill the canopy. But again after 14 days I try to do nothing but feed my plants.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
I completely agree with smoking gun..

D

DoubleDub

yeah once bud production begins I never prune my plants.

old.Ford

old.Ford

Smokingun , Thanks for that! That is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. After you get the main thing down, it's the little nuances that bring out the best in the grow, and only experience will give you that. Thanks ....old.Ford

J

jordisgarden

Yeah you right bro day 21 is 3 weeks. my bad. so i am just gunna leave em alone. the thing is i couldnt really tell 30 days ago if they weree gonna produce. so i left em. the 5 gal 65 day veg is awsome and thats what im doing from now on. even the lowest branches are 20 inches long and doing awsome.
i used to not believe in the bigger pot bigger plant stuff. but this time i watched it with my own eyes.

thanks smokin gun.

Top Bottom