Can it be Root rot/ overwatered?

• Thread starter Stevenh82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stevenh82

Stevenh82

Hi, I've noticed today that my seedlings are yellowish and some leaves curling down. Any help would be great.

Stats.
2 weeks old.
Coco coir,
24 degree c lights on, 20 lights off.
Ghe tripart nutrients.
Liquid silicon 1ml per litre.
B52- 2ml per litre.
Calmag 1ml per litre.
Water ph always about 6.0.
Watered twice per day.
I forgot to ppm run off today but I'll do it tonight and post.
Cant think of anything else.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Can it be root rot overwatered
Can it be root rot overwatered 2
Can it be root rot overwatered 3
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Hopefully someone with coco experience will respond. It seems like you're not watering as much as you should when you do water and you're also watering too often.

It doesn't look like you are watering thoroughly. There are dry and wet patches in those pictures. When you water, all soil in the pot should be wetted — no patches or areas of dry stuff. Roots grow toward moisture, they avoid dry soil. The cloth should be wet when you're done watering.

Watering twice a day seems excessive to me, but as mentioned, I don't have experience with coco. My guess is that if you watered thoroughly, you wouldn't have to water twice a day.

Stevenh82

Stevenh82

Hopefully someone with coco experience will respond. It seems like you're not watering as much as you should when you do water and you're also watering too often.

It doesn't look like you are watering thoroughly. There are dry and wet patches in those pictures. When you water, all soil in the pot should be wetted — no patches or areas of dry stuff. Roots grow toward moisture, they avoid dry soil. The cloth should be wet when you're done watering.

Watering twice a day seems excessive to me, but as mentioned, I don't have experience with coco. My guess is that if you watered thoroughly, you wouldn't have to water twice a day.

I'll try that. Thanks

Top Bottom