Can monosilicic acid be used up until harvest?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

I’ve been trying out this product called stout msa ( monosilicic acid) and haven’t had any issues so far since using it but it doesn’t say specifically when it should start being applied and stopped at during the grow.. so I’ve been using it and I’m at 8 weeks now in flower? Any downsides to this, can I flush with it or will affect the taste, outcome etc? I got this as a substitute because my local store was out of power si...

Can monosilicic acid be used up until harvest
Can monosilicic acid be used up until harvest 2
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can be bit I wouldn't... I stop after stretch. If you go to harvest your prob find you buds are dam hard.... joking I'd say break the teeth off your grinder. After stretch really no real need imo since the stems are pretty much done growing and the support structure is in place.

I could be missing something but I see no benefit to running it longer other than for nute companies to make more money.

Miked1988

Miked1988

Can be bit I wouldn't... I stop after stretch. If you go to harvest your prob find you buds are dam hard.... joking I'd say break the teeth off your grinder. After stretch really no real need imo since the stems are pretty much done growing and the support structure is in place.

I could be missing something but I see no benefit to running it longer other than for nute companies to make more money.
Ok thanks bro that’s the response I was looking to hear! 👍i was hoping to hear that at the worst of the worst it would just be a waist of money going down the fall with no harm, no foul to the plants! Lol

KingTubby

KingTubby

I don't think it will hurt, but I also don't think it's necessary to run it full term. I've been running potassium silicate, and like to stop it 3 or 4 weeks before harvest. It messes with my ph though, so I'm going to switch to a mono-silicic adic product too. You might check this one out, which is on a flash sale right now, but it's much more concentrated than Stout:

Screenshot   2021 04 16T211847885

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don't think it will hurt, but I also don't think it's necessary to run it full term. I've been running potassium silicate, and like to stop it 3 or 4 weeks before harvest. It messes with my ph though, so I'm going to switch to a mono-silicic adic product too. You might check this one out, which is on a flash sale right now, but it's much more concentrated than Stout:

View attachment 1114286
Yeah I use potassium silicate in part as a ph buffer so when I stop I have to switch to potassium bicarbonate for the ph buffer.

I think the flowable is a better option if you don't need the buffer but I found its generally a LOT more expensive. But then again I haven't look all that hard. Also the potassium silicate need to be mixed properly and phed in the process. I dont think the floable stuff does but never used so I can't day for sure

KingTubby

KingTubby

Yeah I use potassium silicate in part as a ph buffer so when I stop I have to switch to potassium bicarbonate for the ph buffer.

I think the flowable is a better option if you don't need the buffer but I found its generally a LOT more expensive. But then again I haven't look all that hard. Also the potassium silicate need to be mixed properly and phed in the process. I dont think the floable stuff does but never used so I can't day for sure
I just find that my ph seems to be always rising more than I want it too with potassium silicate. Also the jury is still out on whether or not cannabis plants can get the same benefits from root feeding of silicates vs silicic acid. I've been looking at this 40% MSA product for a while, and seeing it at close to half off, I finally decided to give it a shot. Will see how it goes..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just find that my ph seems to be always rising more than I want it too with potassium silicate. Also the jury is still out on whether or not cannabis plants can get the same benefits from root feeding of silicates vs silicic acid. I've been looking at this 40% MSA product for a while, and seeing it at close to half off, I finally decided to give it a shot. Will see how it goes..
Yeah most say foliar... from experience I can tell they do uptake it but how effectively I have no idea. Enough for me to notice I have to pinch and roll anything I bend or it snaps. Especially the soiless and hydro stems that are more hollow.

Be interested to hear your comparisons after using both. I have often though about switching but have a fair amount left

KingTubby

KingTubby

Yeah most say foliar... from experience I can tell they do uptake it but how effectively I have no idea. Enough for me to notice I have to pinch and roll anything I bend or it snaps. Especially the soiless and hydro stems that are more hollow.

Be interested to hear your comparisons after using both. I have often though about switching but have a fair amount left
Yeah, I'm about to run out anyway, so figured I'd give it a shot. I was half-drunk when I made the buy, which I thought would be good, so I'd have an excuse later for buying such an expensive supplement.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah, I'm about to run out anyway, so figured I'd give it a shot. I was half-drunk when I made the buy, which I thought would be good, so I'd have an excuse later for buying such an expensive supplement.
Oh my half drunk stories are far more embarrassing that that... id be a happy man if that was mine

Miked1988

Miked1988

View attachment 1114286
I’m going to check that out.. thanks for the link and input bro! Appreciate it guys!

Latest posts

Top Bottom