Can Mother Earth Coco/Perlite be watered daily?

• Thread starter Esyla3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Esyla3

I purchased Mother Earth coco perlite with the intentions of doin a coco semi-hydroponic and water daily. I just want to make sure I have the correct brand because I could not find any information on if this is buffered or with trichoderma in it. Anyone that have experience with Mother Earth, can I water daily ?

Last edited:
stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Their straight coco is ph buffered. I'd be pretty amazed if the line with perlite in it is not. As for the trichoderma, they have a pretty decent customer service dept, you might try contacting them through their website and asking.

E

Esyla3

Their straight coco is ph buffered. I'd be pretty amazed if the line with perlite in it is not. As for the trichoderma, they have a pretty decent customer service dept, you might try contacting them through their website and asking.
I emailed them twice last month and haven’t received any word back 😪 their coco/perlite bag is not as descriptive as their coco bag. I would hope it’s the same 😔 I’m just scared to test it out as I don’t want to kill my plants

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

I emailed them twice last month and haven’t received any word back 😪 their coco/perlite bag is not as descriptive as their coco bag. I would hope it’s the same 😔 I’m just scared to test it out as I don’t want to kill my plants
It took me all of 15 seconds to google and find their website and see that on there it says: Mother Earth® Coco is pre-buffered and pH adjusted to promote strong root growth
I think it's safe to extrapolate from that they use the same coco in their coco perlite mix.
Most folks tend to water coco if not daily, often enough that it doesn't upset the CEC and cause a lockout. I've never heard of anyone being concerned with trichoderma in it, but perhaps someone with more knowledge than I have can help you out. I think a nutrient line with good micros would be in order.

If you're worried about killing plants, do a trial run and experiment on some bagseed so you're not killing genetics that you spent a bunch of money on.

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

It took me all of 15 seconds to google and find their website and see that on there it says: Mother Earth® Coco is pre-buffered and pH adjusted to promote strong root growth
I think it's safe to extrapolate from that they use the same coco in their coco perlite mix.
Most folks tend to water coco if not daily, often enough that it doesn't upset the CEC and cause a lockout. I've never heard of anyone being concerned with trichoderma in it, but perhaps someone with more knowledge than I have can help you out. I think a nutrient line with good micros would be in order.

If you're worried about killing plants, do a trial run and experiment on some bagseed so you're not killing genetics that you spent a bunch of money on.
Also, Aqua Man put a lot of knowledge in this thread, it may help you out:

E

Esyla3

Also, Aqua Man put a lot of knowledge in this thread, it may help you out:
Thank you for that it helps, I just want to make sure I’m able to water this brand daily as I did not see the same description on their coco/perlite bag as compared to just their coco.

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

I have 6 GMO Zkittlez from Ethos currently vegging in Mother Earth Coco. It's my first venture out of Canna Coco and have to admit I'm pleased. I can't find Canna locally and shipping prices are insanity. I can find the Mother Earth Coco and it's done very well. I can tell from going through 4 bags that it doesn't quite have the QA that Canna does, but it's a 1/4 the price so I can deal lol.

E

Esyla3

I have 6 GMO Zkittlez from Ethos currently vegging in Mother Earth Coco. It's my first venture out of Canna Coco and have to admit I'm pleased. I can't find Canna locally and shipping prices are insanity. I can find the Mother Earth Coco and it's done very well. I can tell from going through 4 bags that it doesn't quite have the QA that Canna does, but it's a 1/4 the price so I can deal lol.
Thank you! Very nice 👍🏼

Latest posts

Top Bottom