can my plant be finished flowering in only 6 weeks??

• Thread starter mackdown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mackdown

First time grower here. I got some seeds from a friend of mine, had no idea what they were other than some "seeds from the states". 4 of the 6 seeds cracked, luckily 3 were female but they are obviously all different strains. Two clearly were sativas and one looked like a sativa/indica hybrid. They're all flowering beautifully now hitting the six week mark today but the hybrid is now probably 90% red hairs and the trichromes are cloudy to auburn. Is this possible after only 6 weeks of flowering?? Should I harvest now? I heard the THC level will actually deteriorate if I let the plant go too long. How long of a window do I have before that happens? Help!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

S

stormannorm

hell yeah its possable mac,if its giving u all the signs chop and enjoy.i think u could take your gal to 70/75 days if u leave it to go longer a little ive herd it makes the stone a more couch locker after that the thc decreaces.peace keep us posted

T

TheVenusflytrap

i think when u chop sooner then later u are feeling the affects of the thc and after a certain point the thc breaks down into another pyschoactive compound called cbn dont quote me but i belive he is right the longer u wait the more of a body couch lock high but if the plant says its done man bring the bitch down lol

J

JCashman

you could have simply found an early finishing pheno.

if the lady is telling you that she's ready, then listen to her. she will know when it's time for that much better than anything you can read on it ;)

M

mackdown

Thanks for the replys, guys. TI'll start the 48 hours of darkness before I chop.

M

magick81

Awesome! I have heard of strains that finish quickly. Can't remember what they're called or even how much shorter the flowering period is.

You got clones of that plant? You'd be set then, lol, quick harvests from now on.
Any pics?

M

magick81

Instead of cutting her down, just cut the buds off, then put it under 24hr light. It might reveg if your lucky.

M

mackdown

Instead of cutting her down, just cut the buds off, then put it under 24hr light. It might reveg if your lucky.

at what point has the plant been flowering for too long? I got about half amber trichromes and half cloudy. I want to cut today but I would like to flush for a few more days. How many days do I have before I have a problem with the THC level dropping?

Latest posts

Top Bottom