Can plants herm after having a successful run

• Thread starter Elmcult
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Elmcult

What’s up guys!
My last run I ran ethos end game r2 absolutely crushed up and it came out fire. So I took clones and just started flowering out my second run of it. I am on day 7 and I noticed that one of them hermed and I pulled it this morning. That exact pheno last run had 0 issues pulled 1.5lbs a light. I have 4 others of this same exact pheno with zero issues this run, what could have caused this? What can I do to keep this from happening in the future? Thanks guys 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Can plants herm after having a successful run
Can plants herm after having a successful run 2
Jakecan

Jakecan

I would say male intersex gene. I would say at least 25% of those seeds that came off that run will have it. Keep checking your clones throughout this run. The reason you may not have seen it in your initial run (assuming it was from seed) is you may not have stressed your plant much by just growing it out. Maybe taking a cutting "stressed" it a bit too much? Like i said, Keep an eye out for those balls ;)

E

Elmcult

I would say male intersex gene. I would say at least 25% of those seeds that came off that run will have it. Keep checking your clones throughout this run. The reason you may not have seen it in your initial run (assuming it was from seed) is you may not have stressed your plant much by just growing it out. Maybe taking a cutting "stressed" it a bit too much? Like i said, Keep an eye out for those balls ;)
It’s just weird that the other cuts of the pheno have not done the same

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It’s just weird that the other cuts of the pheno have not done the same
Is it possible there is a slight light leak that is only hitting that plant, or some other environmental difference?

E

Elmcult

Is it possible there is a slight light leak that is only hitting that plant, or some other environmental difference?
I mean anything is possible but I have been in there with lights off pitch black other than green led on the controller on the other side of the room, also all those end game are in the same tray under the same lights on the same feeding schedule

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Sometimes pushing plants to their full potential is enough to stress the plant. Think about it, if you're pulling off a stellar indoor grow, you're absolutely pushing that plant to the max. It's like someone woke you up every day, put a giant plate of chicken and veggies in front of you and put you on the treadmill at your maximum capacity until bedtime. I've seen pheno hunted plants that have been run on a large scale production by experts for multiple harvests and here and there a single plant will herm.

Top Bottom