Can Plants Think?

• Thread starter lino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lino

lino

Grow Giant Pumpkins, they know you by your smell is my guess. They (GP) can be trained fairly easy (if they like you) you think I'm kidding. GP and cannabis will be friends if there is enough space to grow and you trim real high or the GP will kill the cannabis. GP will kill tomato's, they smell em. I've moved potted tomato's to another location and the freakN GP will move to the new location rite away. they can tell you from the tomato also by your wgt as walk on their root system. My friends gave me shit bout doing to many bongs when I told my GP were wrapping my belt loops when I'm trimming bud till they helped me trim in the grn house and they got wrapped in less than 10 minutes in one spot while trimming in the grn house. And this is when I realized the dam pumpkins would wrap strangers first. I thought the GP liked me and were being friendly by wrapping me. Now I know, the GP are saying get out of here or I'll strangle you. They not only smell you , they can feel you like a blind person with their roots. GP drop roots everywhere, they control the ground they occupy with a root system off the branches, Giant Pumpkins are the smartest plant I have ever worked with.

I know the science behind this, I do to many bongs and fondle my plants but ;
Thigmomorphogenesis can be induced by many types of environmental MP including wind, water spray, snow load, and rubbing from other plants. People, wild and domesticated animals, and even insects can also cause these changes. The responses are species-specific in terms of the amount of MP required and in the morphological changes seen. Initially studied in annual crop plants, such as peas beans, corn, and sunflowers, MP was universally seen to decrease stem elongation and increase stem thickness. Other characteristics include shorter petiole length, decreased needle elongation, smaller leaves, reduced flower number, and increased senescence (programmed tissue death). Similar responses have been demonstrated in woody species including pine (Pinus), spruce (Picea), fir (Abies), poplar (Populus), and elm (Ulmus).

Continual rubbing or brushing of woody trees and shrubs, even that which is gentle enough not to abrade tissue, will result in shorter heights and wider trunks. This is partially editated through the release of ethylene gas, a naturally produced plant growth regulator, which in turn increases the formation of lignin in the disturbed tissues. The result of thigmomorphogenesis is a stocky, sturdy plant that is more resistant to breakage or windthrow than one that has been untouched, and the greater the disturbance the more pronounced the response. The short, stunted appearance of alpine forest trees is an extreme example of wind-induced thigmomorphogenesis. Such trees are less likely to break from snowload or suffer windthrow than thin, upright specimens.

thigmomorphogenesis response is off the charts in carnivore plants and GP tentacles, it is real and scientifically measured. Training plants to respond is real.

A very small amount of radiation was applied to a limb of a Giant Redwood. within a day the Rad Meter measured radiation on limb miles away, but how, no wind, water or any way for the radiation to get their... The roots and the soil communicate.

Now Think about Cannabis Bed growing.

Last edited:
lino

lino

Like in avatar lol, jk real cool stuff thanks 4 postin
if this thread gets activity I was going to take time to document a strain of cannabis that has a sensitive trait, like sensitive ferns the sensitive cannabis will completely wilt rite before your eyes when touched, looks like it needs WATER Extremely bad , not as fast as sensitive fern but close. it recovers back to its full state about at the speed of the second hand on a clock,,, I had set the strain seeds aside thinking this is a lame plant with no endurance after trying to grow a cpl at my HS age.
Growing this plant decades later a student called me out to her farm. She claimed that the bud wasnt bad and had something else to show me,,, she said the plant has eyes.... WTF, i drive out there and this was nuts , She has 15 big plants in a grn house,, unlike a sensitive plant she says watch this, as we walk down the isle thru the cannabis plants the whole side of the plantS wilts WITHOUT any contact, we get to the end of the 20 ft grn house and the other end of the grn house, the cannabis has already recovered to full healthy state. I say to her , Stunned, I would avoid much contact with those plants it will hurt the yeild. she say Not at all,,,, she watch this,,,, We walk up to a plant and it wilts... She stay still and dont move,,,, the dam plant stayed Wilted! I'm shocked.... She says,,, exact words quote, these plants are Smarter then sensitive ferns. she give me a hand held mirror and say turn around and stay still . Now in less than a cpl minute I look into the mirror to see behind me and the plant return to full erect position in full health, this is crazy , I'm really scratchen my head now,, I notice no fan is running and the vents are wide open on the roof... This is when I got a completely baffled mind...

I turn on the fan with plants wilting everywhere i go as I walk in the grn house... I'm thinkN when I kick on this fan the whole dam grn house will like wilted and ready to die. AS we're turning on the fans she say they dont like the fans on a fast speed ,,, I grabbred the switch and turn on the slow speed.. NO EFFECT on the plants ... WTF!
she say they dont like high speed at all. I crank the fans all the way up. they dropped differently after 10 - 15 minutes but they we're NOT Wilting, the leaves drooped curled a little.... I turn the fans to slow and watch the plants recover in more slow fashion than from the Quick Wilt FX.... So I'm scratching my head pretty hard bout now.....
with the fans on slow speed I had shut the vent on the roof while experimenting with this phenomenon, it get hot so I stand in front of the fan and within second 1/2 the grn house wilts.... WTF! she say Very Confused; that never has happened before and jumps in front of the fan. She stands there a cpl minutes and says as with relief ; I feel better as if something was way wrong about that plant wilting. I get in the fan breeze with her AND 1/3 CROP WILTS AGAIN, those plants could smell me.... WTF! i'm going to loose my hair with confusion now!
We had males in that crop and made seeds . She calls me weeks later and says her plants dont like any stranger and they Hate men, she say;
the plants, especially the male plants, get jealous of her new BF and the plants will look almost dead when he get to close the plants.....

This year a mouse got into part of my seed bank and I had eye watering damage to my seed collection... But I have 18 seeds left from this strain and a dead mouse.... this mouse could open plastic bottles,,, what an asshole!

If anyone has read this far, 1979 in La Junta Co hitch hiking on deselect road to Alamosa Co , tourists from England and Scotland pick me up. I'm extremely hung over and just spent hours on 110` hot road and I had taken a pretty good beating and no sleep the nite before so I was very tired. These kind people wanted me to entertain them with direction and tourist question. In a rental car I look down on the floor and I see marijuana seeds on the floor mat... I say ; smoke pot? they look real confused... they're dialects made it hard to communicate, they spoke English but not like us. I say joint,,, confusion still,,,, i remember the french guy on rolling ZigZag papers. Pull em out and make the sign of smoking a joint, they smile and smoke me up and give me a bud that had seeds,,, I took the seeds off the floor mat also... the tourist told me the bud was from England, I fall a sleep,,,

it is lite green, very soft, frail, leaves, they have very thin leaves, as in, thinner than paper, with a semi translucent effect as lite goes thru the leaves easier than other cannabis plants, as it buds the leaves take on a very sativa appearance and they get a licorish/minty smell, and the leaves get super narrow and thin in the bud at the end of the flower stage. I ve grown many cannabis strain and this one is way different ...

lino

lino

digging on this video and trying to watch football,,, the video is off the chart with interesting stuff,,, NICE,,, you guys gotta watch this,,,,
Thank Smoking Gun later! you'll like this documentary! Wow a documentary that features the Dr I studied at the end,,,NICE

Last edited:
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

lino tell me more about this strain of cannabis you stumbled upon. That would really baffle me to see a cannabis plant wilt within seconds upon human interaction. Im down for you to drop some more info on your findings:artist:
bed growing rocks, even got better when i realized the benefit of never having to remove medium, no more emptying 5 gal pots and breaking down old root mass!

lino

lino

lino tell me more about this strain of cannabis you stumbled upon. That would really baffle me to see a cannabis plant wilt within seconds upon human interaction. Im down for you to drop some more info on your findings:artist:
bed growing rocks, even got better when i realized the benefit of never having to remove medium, no more emptying 5 gal pots and breaking down old root mass!
Nomenclature
I had obtained 7 or 8 plant seeds that I hoped were of a new Family or Genus though out my life. 4 of these plants were from the Cannabecae family but I hoped they'd at least be of a new Genus, I didnt know how to go about this properly, even tho my father was correct in how to get my new plants accredited as a new genus, family or species. Long story shortens got in school to learn how to get my new plants recognized and myself getting credit for the discovery, then I'd show these college kids how to grow plants. Well just the opposite has happened. I had big holes in my grow game and didnt realize how superstitious and with no real science behind our home grow remedies were that us cannabis farmers use so growing skills and the science was easy to pick up. But now the hard part, the part I thought would be easy and what I went to school for "get my new strains to be recognized" This is much more complex then you'd think and it really helps to have 3 letters included in your name or these guys who name plants wont understand you, PHD , those letters in your name help this process, especially if your submitting marijuana genus to 1000's of PHD around the world at conference (http://www.iapt-taxon.org/nomen/main.php?page=pf) held every 4 years which you'll be asked questions in plant identification taxonomy that will clarify and prove if have a new Genus. And this process of taxonomy will prove if your plant is truly a new Genus or if it is just a Genotype. This is very complex process and even the term Phenotype, as 99% of us cannabis breeders use this term incorrectly. You'll see time after time the term Phenotype used on cannabis websites used incorrectly. Clones are a good way to explain this.: We both grow a clone of some Haze from the same plant. You live in Cali and I live in Colo. All of your clones and the clones you share with Cali people are taller and have thinner leaves in Cali than Colo plants. Thats Phenotype variance. Now we do the clone grow again but this time my plants grow to very good sativa's like before but your plants are different this time. Your plants and other Cali growers plants start to bud at 4 weeks in an 18 hour lite cycle and finish in 90 days. You say Lino, those plants are not the same as the ones you are growing, Thats Genotype variance at a extreme. This could happen in seeds with a ruderalis cross with a sativa. So when we get differences in our plants from seeds, lets say some plants are bushier, this is the bushier Genotype variance , not a Phenotype difference. Phenotype variance is induced by environment. Genotype differences are different genes in the strain. So when your brothers and sisters came back from Cali all tanned there just a different Phenotype but if your 6 ft tall and your brother is 5'7" he might be a different Genotype if he had natural growth.

So with all that said it is very complex to go thru the taxonomy and identification of plant. In fact most scientist and all these PHD dudes running around the forest and prairies have most of their Genus and Family submission for new plants turned down:
http://www.itis.gov/servlet/SingleR...ource&search_id=source_id&search_id_value=778

So if you get up on stage and say: Ya, I have some new bud to present to guys and it "Sensitive LinoLicoius", well you get the idea,,or,, My fellow colleagues , research centers and the Botanical Societies all over the world I'd like to present my research,,, see what I'm saying....

On a field trip I witnessed a new Genus of Rocky Mtn Cottonwood Tree discovery,,, I was in awe! Less than 100 yds off the high way. So I asked this professor all about my work, I still pick his brain. After talking with him I'm down to 2 plant that are still under research for a new plant Genus. the one mentioned earlier and another cannabis plant that I have high hopes to be a new Genus of the Hemp family.
In talking with this expert he has told me that the sensitivity of the cannabis plant is Very unlikely in my cannabis plant to even be strain related. Lots of tech crap but this will simplify the point, what he was saying kinda has to do with plant evolution... You can say your new Pine Tree family or genus came from this Maple tree... they'll tell you it cant happen cause Pine trees, needles Gymnosperm , were here long before Maple trees. With a bunch more of complexities but he tells me "sensitivity" at best might be considered trait for the Hemp family and said that he bet it will breed out. I asked; wouldnt that have at least have been a trait and he explains;, that chemicals are the most likely cause of this occurrence and he has seen this with other plants. He went on to say it can go on for generations and depends on the chemical and doses that were applied to the embryo's. He used radiation in humans as an example of chemicals that have long term and sometimes Permanent effect on the organism. Even tho these effects might be Permanent we have long complexity in the ethical and discussion on ' if this is a new species' as it can be a man made mutant at this point and breed/carry these new gene sequence, So is it a new species, family, genus or none of the these ? You see what I mean, if you going to argue with these guys you got to know what the hell your talking about. So the sensitive plant has 4 seeds germinating in weeks to come but the out come and results will be under great scrutiny with low expectations. But my other Genus of cannabis has a more bizarre characteristic and the 1st round of research has inspired more investigation but the sensitivity of cannabis at best will be a trait but that is very unlikely also.

BEDS
Recent result just by increasing the pot size... FreakN plants know there pot size,,, duh.. I have a 100 yr old lilly that showed signs of weakness. I broke the tubers apart and replanted . The roots extending from the tubor didnt look any bigger than my hand and They grew out healthy leaves but no new tubers. I recently replanted one of the tubers in a real big pot and it grew another tuber and shoots. Lillys know there pot size and know if other plants are in the pot. And, Z , you mention the no new soil and the No Transplanting, why would a serious grower not use beds, transplanting, new soil , what a pain in the ass. Professional green houses use beds. more on this later...Z, luv your beds - got me thinking,,,

lino

lino

Like in avatar lol, jk real cool stuff thanks 4 postin
Okay,,, I kept hearing that comment so I watched the movie,,,, kool skit for movie but they copied me, lol , at least my big nose is more attractive for once!
The movie makes ya want to kick logger ass in the Red Woods huh?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Okay,,, I kept hearing that comment so I watched the movie,,,, kool skit for movie but they copied me, lol , at least my big nose is more attractive for once!
The movie makes ya want to kick logger ass in the Red Woods huh?
Lino what up dude? I always enjoy your sharings ....what do you think about expectation and it's effect on plants, furthermore do you happen to know where to find studies that where shared in the book the Celestine prophecy?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

A group of scientist found that the fruit and vegetaBle that they thought of had more nutrition than the ones not thought of .....I don't remember if the book described how they isolated control or experimental group but just N interesting thought, peace

lino

lino

Thought this was very thought provoking also enjoy
Badd Ass movie

Did you know that the largest organism in the world is a type of fungi called mycorrhizae that this movie speaks of. the largest living thing on this earth is almost 2 mi wide, until a logging road was cut thru the middle of it in the Redwoods. and its still the largest living thing on this planet, mycorrhizae. This area of the earth produces the most incredible cannabis ive ever smoked, that wasnt genetically modified severly.

Last edited:
lino

lino

Lino what up dude? I always enjoy your sharings ....what do you think about expectation and it's effect on plants, furthermore do you happen to know where to find studies that where shared in the book the Celestine prophecy?
Celestine prophecy; I had read about Carl Sagan reading of the book but it was just paragraph included in much bigger study of Ausy Natives and growing practices so I have no insight into that book other than I heard there is some Mayan cultivaltion folklore in that book also... but never read it.

Top Bottom