Can PreFlower be stopped?

• Thread starter MissV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MissV

Yes, I know that the preflower is a stage in the plants life. Veg, Preflower, Flower.

But, when preflowering begins a month too early is there any way to hold them back in vegative growth?
If she continues to preflower, she will loose a MONTH of vegging outdoors in so much sunshine!
I've heard of some products that can surpress preflower. Nutes that are super high in Nitrogen.
I've also been told that a heavy duty pruning can shock them back into veg.
And, it was suggested to me to bend the top "lead" back so far that it is lower than the other branches. So, this would encourage the other branches to "race" for the "lead" postion; therefore, encouraging vegative growth.

Any suggestions from personal experiences?

B

biggs

when a plant shows pre flowers, it won't usually start flowering until you change the lights to 12 - 12. unless it has auto flowering traits in its make up. so simply keep the lights on 24hrs, or 18-6. simples.

420king-spaded

no its not to early that shows that your plant is sexully mature to go into flower the seedling /veg stages can last from 1 1/2-3 months depending on strain and the strength of the vigor its just not running on your schedule

K

Kodaxx

Just because a plant shows pre-flowers does not mean it is not vegetating! It is letting you know that he/she is sexually mature, but it will not start to produce flowers until it gets 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness. It is still growing and won't miss out on any veg time. good luck with your plants!

M

MissV

Thanks for the responses everyone!
I should mention that this plant is outside. Getting sun from 5:45 am til about 8:45 pm. (15 hours of natural day light). But the nights have been a bit cooler, low 60s.
The plant is definetly showing me what she's got, (dense lil flowers), but I do still see good amounts of growth each day.
And she is the only strain of her kind in the garden. Btw, they were taken as clones this past February. So veg can last a long long time, not only a month or two.

I think I'll just give her as much Nitrogen, and other growth stimulators to encourage the veg. No worries~
Still, has any one experienced bringing an outdoor plant out of preflower ?

X

Xare

Thanks for the responses everyone!
I should mention that this plant is outside. Getting sun from 5:45 am til about 8:45 pm. (15 hours of natural day light). But the nights have been a bit cooler, low 60s.
The plant is definetly showing me what she's got, (dense lil flowers), but I do still see good amounts of growth each day.
And she is the only strain of her kind in the garden. Btw, they were taken as clones this past February. So veg can last a long long time, not only a month or two.

I think I'll just give her as much Nitrogen, and other growth stimulators to encourage the veg. No worries~
Still, has any one experienced bringing an outdoor plant out of preflower ?

Hey you sound a bit confused with the term "preflower"

You said the plant is definitely showing you dense little flowers.... That is flowering, not preflower.

Preflowers are not buds. They are small signs of sex that show up at the nodes by the main stem.

If you have any kind of growth at the tips of your growing shoots / branches then your clones are flowering early, not showing preflowers.

Meaning you screwed up.

Preflowers show up when the plant has reached sexual maturity and this is supposed to happen when the plant is in a vegetative state.

When preflowers show up your main growing branches will not have any kind of flowers on them. They will still veg and grow new leafs and grow more and get bigger.

If your plant is not growing bigger and it has flowers on the tips of the branches that is called Flowering not preflowering.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i agree with xare. preflowers for a female would just be 2 white pistils at any node above the 5th. for a male it kinda looks like a fist or a blowpop. if you are seeing many balls or pistils then it is in full flower. and if so it may mean you put it out to early. are you getting mutated growth or single bladed leaves?

D

DanielSon88

MissV dont worry just let these new flowers bloom and trim them off these "new flowered leaves" and allow for new growth to become available. Its partly because of the type of strain as well

Dabarella710

Dabarella710

What if you treated her like a basil plant and pinch of the top were it was flowering. if you do this with basil it will continue to veg. Do you think this could help as well as light change.

WeEdMan77

WeEdMan77

i agree with xare. preflowers for a female would just be 2 white pistils at any node above the 5th. for a male it kinda looks like a fist or a blowpop. if you are seeing many balls or pistils then it is in full flower. and if so it may mean you put it out to early. are you getting mutated growth or single bladed leaves?
Too bad this was 13 years ago. I'm in this same boat right now and I need to know what I should do. I also have sprouts that I am about to bring outside so I figure just leave my clones alone and let them go back into veg on their own but I could use a more experienced oppinion. This is what my clones outside look like right now. Please help!

Clones 1
Clones 2
Clone in early flower
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Too bad this was 13 years ago. I'm in this same boat right now and I need to know what I should do. I also have sprouts that I am about to bring outside so I figure just leave my clones alone and let them go back into veg on their own but I could use a more experienced oppinion. This is what my clones outside look like right now. Please help!
That pic shows your plant is flowering...not pre flowers.....You have 2 possibilities

1 its a photo period plant that went into flower because of short hours,,,,,...

2 its an Auto. going into flower........If its a Photo it will reveg and grow out of it with longer hours & possibly giving you bigger buds from the reveg....Monster cropping......

if its an auto just let it flower or should I say it will continue to flower and extra light is great for it.....Either case not to worry just grow it out and see what you get.

WeEdMan77

WeEdMan77

That pic shows your plant is flowering...not pre flowers.....You have 2 possibilities

1 its a photo period plant that went into flower because of short hours,,,,,...

2 its an Auto. going into flower........If its a Photo it will reveg and grow out of it with longer hours & possibly giving you bigger buds from the reveg....Monster cropping......

if its an auto just let it flower or should I say it will continue to flower and extra light is great for it.....Either case not to worry just grow it out and see what you get.
I bought them as clones from a dispensary so I just asume they are photos so I expect them to go into reveg. What do you mean by monster cropping? Thanks.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I bought them as clones from a dispensary so I just asume they are photos so I expect them to go into reveg. What do you mean by monster cropping? Thanks.
Its a term used to describe what revegging does.. It can have a huge impact on the size of the buds. They seem to jump into flower the second time flipping them and grow buds out of the already formed buds. I've done it the same as you by accident and they did get bigger faster....only years later I heard it termed Monster Cropping.....

Top Bottom