Can she survive?

• Thread starter jaimars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaimars

jaimars

So I had someone take care of my plant while I was away for a week and I came home and she looks so bad...my care taker said they forgot to check on her....I posted some pics below and I just want to know if you guys think she can survive or should I let her go?

Can she survive
Can she survive 2
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

1week? Who did you leave it with, the grim reaper?

Take the fan off it, lower the light intensity alot, up the humidity to 60-65% and give her a few days. Do not over water. It looks like they didn't water it at all.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
No guarantee but it's really the only hope.

Looks like mine after leaving them with the ol lady for a weekend. It really boils down to how long it's been deflated like that.

I would mist her also with an atomizer actually, and keep the fan off for at least half day or better. She's going to lose some leaves, but she should pop back. Try to get some spray under the foliage as well, I think leafs probably absorb water better on their undersides, just don't over spray because of the weight of the water on the plant. I would do it several times over several hours. It's certainly worth a try, I've seen them that bad and make a comeback before, and that plant has a lot of foliage, so it should spring back.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like mine after leaving them with the ol lady for a weekend. It really boils down to how long it's been deflated like that.

I would mist her also with an atomizer actually, and keep the fan off for at least half day or better. She's going to lose some leaves, but she should pop back. Try to get some spray under the foliage as well, I think leafs probably absorb water better on their undersides, just don't over spray because of the weight of the water on the plant. I would do it several times over several hours. It's certainly worth a try, I've seen them that bad and make a comeback before, and that plant has a lot of foliage, so it should spring back.
Not sure if I would spray anything right now. Invitation for mold and fungal infections and those leaves are not going to be transpiring anytime soon so no benefit. Need to slow down the transpiration demand and photosynthesis until it recovers... If it recovers.

basscaptain

basscaptain

just my 2 cents but I would take all the dead and dieing stuff off
Now so it can get some air... that stuff is doing nothing but sucking the life out of it more...

full moon let it be for a day then I would give it a little water at the base and see what happens and I mean 32oz max

basscaptain

basscaptain

where is @CosmoGrows
he may help you on this... think we have been here and alot of nights pming....

jaimars

jaimars

taking in all the info and hoping for the best! going to start some autos so atleast i get to harvest around the same time i was expecting to with this one

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Not sure if I would spray anything right now. Invitation for mold and fungal infections and those leaves are not going to be transpiring anytime soon so no benefit. Need to slow down the transpiration demand and photosynthesis until it recovers... If it recovers.

So the idea here is to try and jump-start transpiration again. Humidity as you stated before seems the only good mechanism for that, (unless you can regulate temperature also) you need to be within the range. What's your room temps? And can your regulate the humidity? You look to be in the blue here. I would think you'll want to be on the "humid" side of these charts. (I love my nifty leaf pressure chart)

Leaf pressure
Last edited:
jaimars

jaimars

So the idea here is to try and jump-start transpiration again. Humidity as you stated before seems the only good mechanism for that, (unless you can regulate temperature also) you need to be within the range. What's your room temps? And can your regulate the humidity? You look to be in the blue here. I would think you'll want to be on the "humid" side of these charts. (I love my nifty leaf pressure chart)
temp is 22c and 58% getting the humidity up

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
temp is 22c and 58% getting the humidity up

So based upon what aquaman stated, he said 60-65% which 65% is dead center in the chart. @0.58 kPa

Edit: actually I'm reading the chart wrong. your in late veg. so 0.98 kPa @50% humidity. Although, I would take his advice and bring it up to around 60-65% for at least some time, then back down once it recovers.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No the idea is to reduce transpiration demands. With damaged leaves the plant can't transpire well. Low humidity and increasing photosynthesis increase the demand for transpiration which because of the damaged leaves the plant cannot do and essentially would stress the plant to death. Raising humidity means the plants will transpire less. Lowering light intensity will reduce photosynthesis in turn reducing transpiration needs. Taking that fan off the plant will also reduce forced transpiration. Temps should be low 70's also to keep the plants for needing transpiration to cool itself

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So based upon what aquaman stated, he said 60-65% which 65% is dead center in the chart. @0.58 kPa

Edit: actually I'm reading the chart wrong. your in late veg. so 0.98 kPa @50% humidity. Although, I would take his advice and bring it up to around 60-65% for at least some time, then back down once it recovers.
That chart is not accurate to his grow and not really relevant for ideal conditions in this case. If the plant was happy the ideal KPA here would be about 0.9-1.2 imo. The chart doesn't take his leaf temps into account but the leaves are in bad shape so it doesn't matter. But yes ideally in this situation about 0.4-0.5 KPA will lower the transipirational stress on the plant and any stress we can reduce will be of benefit to the plant until it recovers.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Your going to be OK man, as long as your keep on it. You'll lose a little yield, if that.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
That chart is not accurate to his grow and not really relevant for ideal conditions in this case. If the plant was happy the ideal KPA here would be about 0.9-1.2 imo. The chart doesn't take his leaf temps into account but the leaves are in bad shape so it doesn't matter. But yes ideally in this situation about 0.4-0.5 KPA will lower the transipirational stress on the plant and any stress we can reduce will be of benefit to the plant until it recovers.

So to summarize were reducing leaf pressures to around 0.4- 0.5 in this case, lowering heat, (metabolism) light input, (photosysis) and removing any added evaporation created by air movement, optimizing available (air) moisture, and minimizing plant overall metabolism requirements. (kind like putting it in stasis, until it recovers)

When I worked in nursing, we would pack the patients heart in ice to keep it cool (while it was out of chest) while the surgeons worked on it. We would also chill the body down to 14-15 C to keep metabolism to a minimum. I always thought that was so cool. (literally and figuratively) If you drown under ice water, you can stay there for up to an hour and still recover fully without brain damage, at regular temps it's about 6 min, it's amazing what environmental conditions can do.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom