Can she survive?

• Thread starter jaimars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So to summarize were reducing leaf pressures to around 0.4- 0.5 in this case, lowering heat, (metabolism) light input, (photosysis) and removing any added evaporation created by air movement, optimizing available (air) moisture, and minimizing plant overall metabolism requirements. (kind like putting it in stasis, until it recovers)

When I worked in nursing, we would pack the patients heart in ice to keep it cool (while it was out of chest) while the surgeons worked on it. We would also chill the body down to 14-15 C to keep metabolism to a minimum. I always thought that was so cool. (literally and figuratively) If you drown under ice water, you can stay there for up to an hour and still recover fully without brain damage, at regular temps it's about 6 min, it's amazing what environmental conditions can do.
Exactly

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
She’s already starting to look better! I have high hopes she will make a come back with he leaves starting to lift

Yeah dude... follow Aqua on this. He knows his shit. The fact that your leaves are lifting this quickly is definitely a good sign. Your "caretaker" is a first class dick hole. Just sayin' what you already know.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yes a cunt for sure

While I'll agree on a certain level, ultimately it's up to a grower to ensure they have the right people in place and knowing that things will be done (correctly) in their absence. I've been in the same boat. My wife has severe epilepsy and cognitive memory problems, so I can't blame her when she forgets to do things. It's easy to complain or assign blame about something you ask from others, but don't set yourself up for failure, or bitter disappointment, because you've got to rely upon others... Be more independent. Possibly look at automated watering system, if you cannot do it yourself. It wouldn't be that much to figure out, and ebay drip pumps and timers can be had for little of nothing.

As with everything, there's a balance to things, so try and chalk this one up as a lesson learned, without hopefully, it ending in dispute or bad feelings with the person in question, and accept your own responsibility in this endeavor also.

All I'm saying is don't put false hopes in people. Make them prove themselves worthy to take care of these things, otherwise your just asking for things to get messed up, because others are essentially clueless to the problems at hand. They think it's like a "normal" plant with regular dirt that only needs watering every couple days....

Last edited:
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
While I'll agree on a certain level, ultimately it's up to a grower to ensure they have the right people in place and knowing that things will be done (correctly) in their absence. I've been in the same boat. My wife has severe epilepsy and cognitive memory problems, so I can't blame her when she forgets to do things. It's easy to complain or assign blame about something you ask from others, but don't set yourself up for failure, or bitter disappointment, because you've got to rely upon others... Be more independent. Possibly look at automated watering system, if you cannot do it yourself. It wouldn't be that much to figure out, and ebay drip pumps and timers can be had for little of nothing.

As with everything, there's a balance to things, so try and chalk this one up as a lesson learned, without hopefully, it ending in dispute or bad feelings with the person in question, and accept your own responsibility in this endeavor also.

All I'm saying is don't put false hopes in people. Make them prove themselves worthy to take care of these things, otherwise your just asking for things to get messed up, because others are essentially clueless to the problems at hand. They think it's like a "normal" plant with regular dirt that only needs watering every couple days....

We can debate schematics until we are blue in the face. I've said it before. I'll say it 1m times in the future... No one knows your grow. Ever. Never. Your brother, your momma, your "best friend"? None of them. I have 3 people who can put my face with a grow... wife and 2 fellow grower friends (like real life... known for decades... friends), both out of State. That's why I love blabbing on here so much. I have literally NO ONE else to talk to about this shit on a daily basis but my dogs. My wife tuned me out long ago. She jumps in when there is a problem, and politely listens to me droll on about all of the stupid nuance shit I noticed that day. After 23 years on a daily? I'm sure it's old for her.

Vacation or time away for a couple of days while plants are in the dirt? Nope. Shit I don't even like stepping out to Walmart for God's sake let alone a) telling people about my grow, b) tasking someone to take care of my plants, c) tasking someone with taking care of my dog. Starve my plants. I'll kick your ass if you starve one of my dogs. Straight up.

But the OP came here looking for help for a sick plant. And he got it. I'll bet the plant recovers nicely. He may need to remove some dead/damaged stuff after it has recovered, but it should do nicely. Hopefully he learned a lesson and won't put himself (or his dog) at risk again. There is very little ethic and moral fiber left in people today. And that's a shame. But it sucks when you trust someone and they hose you like that. It really does.

Anyway... all's well that ends well. Looking forward to a plant update and watching another save get chalked up for the Farm courtesy of Aquaman :) (Logic should really start running a "Plants Saved" tally on the home page. That would be epic :) Just put a button in the MD posts... "Did this post save your plant? <clicks button> How many plants? <enters number>")

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
We can debate schematics until we are blue in the face. I've said it before. I'll say it 1m times in the future... No one knows your grow. Ever. Never. Your brother, your momma, your "best friend"? None of them. I have 3 people who can put my face with a grow... wife and 2 fellow grower friends (like real life... known for decades... friends), both out of State. That's why I love blabbing on here so much. I have literally NO ONE else to talk to about this shit on a daily basis but my dogs. My wife tuned me out long ago. She jumps in when there is a problem, and politely listens to me droll on about all of the stupid nuance shit I noticed that day. After 23 years on a daily? I'm sure it's old for her.

Vacation or time away for a couple of days while plants are in the dirt? Nope. Shit I don't even like stepping out to Walmart for God's sake let alone a) telling people about my grow, b) tasking someone to take care of my plants, c) tasking someone with taking care of my dog. Starve my plants. I'll kick your ass if you starve one of my dogs. Straight up.

But the OP came here looking for help for a sick plant. And he got it. I'll bet the plant recovers nicely. He may need to remove some dead/damaged stuff after it has recovered, but it should do nicely. Hopefully he learned a lesson and won't put himself (or his dog) at risk again. There is very little ethic and moral fiber left in people today. And that's a shame. But it sucks when you trust someone and they hose you like that. It really does.

Anyway... all's well that ends well. Looking forward to a plant update and watching another save get chalked up for the Farm courtesy of Aquaman :) (Logic should really start running a "Plants Saved" tally on the home page. That would be epic :) Just put a button in the MD posts... "Did this post save your plant? <clicks button> How many plants? <enters number>")

Good idea for sure, I bet that would be an interesting thread.

chemistry

chemistry

So I had someone take care of my plant while I was away for a week and I came home and she looks so bad...my care taker said they forgot to check on her....I posted some pics below and I just want to know if you guys think she can survive or should I let her go?

If it was my plant I'd flush it twice over the period of a week with just PH'd water, then feed as normal.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Why, in your opinion, would it not drown from a flush?

Cause it's thirsty... :) Lol! I've had plants that turned crispy because of a direct line failing and me not paying enough attention, that I've just turned the water back on and VOOOM! Up they pop. The up take on that plant is solid or it would not have been able to start to stand like it did. No diss on anyone's advice here. Aqua and crew know their shit. I think I'm a lot more heavy handed with my plants than most here.

jaimars

jaimars

Yes I don’t blame her it’s my younger sister and the only reason I even choose her was I had to leave for a week on a last minute notice I didn’t have time to prepare for being away that long

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

She’s gaining momentum for recovery!
Good job. She's a tough girl.

Can slowly increase light over the next week. @chemistry suggested a flush with ph water and I agree then looks like nutes could be cut back a bit. When flushing test the first of the runoff ppm and pH.

jaimars

jaimars

Good job. She's a tough girl.

Can slowly increase light over the next week. @chemistry suggested a flush with ph water and I agree then looks like nutes could be cut back a bit. When flushing test the first of the runoff ppm and pH.
Sounds like a plan thanks so much!

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Really fun to watch this particular incident and to see it handled in the most professional way possible. I can honestly say I've learned something from this thread today, good job. She certainly looks like she's doing fine. I occasionally find a plant from my down, but there never down for say more than a couple of hours ie. one of my big 6 footers that sucks up all the water before I see it the next day or something, usually they recover with an hour or so, so it's not in the same ballpark.

1) I will always always shut off the lights when there down.
2) No misting, just water in the root zone
3) allow humidity to rise. 60-65%

this plant looked like it was almost at a dead stop, but today she looks near normal.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Really fun to watch this particular incident and to see it handled in the most professional way possible. I can honestly say I've learned something from this thread today, good job. She certainly looks like she's doing fine. I occasionally find a plant from my down, but there never down for say more than a couple of hours ie. one of my big 6 footers that sucks up all the water before I see it the next day or something, usually they recover with an hour or so, so it's not in the same ballpark.

1) I will always always shut off the lights when there down.
2) No misting, just water in the root zone
3) allow humidity to rise. 60-65%

this plant looked like it was almost at a dead stop, but today she looks near normal.
Just to clarify it's best to reduce the intensity. If ya cut the light totally you can induce flower and runs into other issue of no photosynthesis. Just need to dial all the stress inducing demands back to a minimum and yeah that usually will by enough time to fix almost anything. First step is always reduce light intensity when you have an issue.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Just to clarify it's best to reduce the intensity. If ya cut the light totally you can induce flower and runs into other issue of no photosynthesis. Just need to dial all the stress inducing demands back to a minimum and yeah that usually will by enough time to fix almost anything. First step is always reduce light intensity when you have an issue.

Thanks, yea for my veg room, it always includes ambient light, I should have made that clear. Probably even just downing them to blue only light, or raising the light will be sufficient.

Latest posts

Top Bottom