Can Some Of You Experts Help Me?

• Thread starter Jungleboogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jungleboogie

Northern lights auto 5 weeks from seed, 600w hps, fan, canna terra vega nutes.
I've had the leaves turning yellow and going crispy so thought it was N toxicity and flushed, then posted a pic and someone said they are starving so I get them last night with 10ml of nite per 2litres.
My question is should I get rid of the yellow leaves below or leave them be?
This is my 2nd grow and don't feel it's going as well as the last with same set up (I know the set up isn't great btw but I got 5 oz from 3 autos last time which I was pleased with)
Any advice is thankfully received.

Can some of you experts help me
Can some of you experts help me 2
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

(Not an expert of course) .. ..Or your not letting your soil dry between waterings.or as said ph.people always aay you dont need a ph pen in soil but the fact is it really helps take the guess work out any problems.
And u can remove the leaves

J

Jungleboogie

Is litmus paper sufficient to test ph or do I need a pen? Ph should be 6.5 yes? Thanks for both your input

J

Jungleboogie

(Not an expert of course) .. ..Or your not letting your soil dry between waterings.or as said ph.people always aay you dont need a ph pen in soil but the fact is it really helps take the guess work out any problems.
And u can remove the leaves
Cool thanks I'll get a pen!
Just dipped litmus paper in the tiny bit of run off left from yesterday's feed and I reads 6. I'll get a pen for accuracy

MW7945

MW7945

Cool thanks I'll get a pen!
Just dipped litmus paper in the tiny bit of run off left from yesterday's feed and I reads 6. I'll get a pen for accuracy
Don't get a super cheap one. it'll be no better than the paper. You want feed water at roughly 6.8 in soil

J

Jungleboogie

id go with5.9 ph what's the ph of your run off water and how do you water ? I don't know about litmus paper I use pen or drops I'm no expert but it looks like one of them two

The paper is saying 6 but I'll have to order a pen as the paper obviously isn't accurate enough

J

Jungleboogie

id go with5.9 ph what's the ph of your run off water and how do you water ? I don't know about litmus paper I use pen or drops I'm no expert but it looks like one of them two

I water with tap water and 5-10ml of canna vega nutes.
That's all I used last time and it went better than expectations.

MW7945

MW7945

Run-off pH doesn't really tell you a ton tbh. Or at least for what you're looking for.

I know when starting out it's easy to think "oh shit I have a problem, I need to flush" but that usually just leaves you chasing your tail

J

Jungleboogie

hey when you said you checked runoff water from yesterday. When you water you are removing run off water and not letting them sit in right?

Yeah I let them drain off and then empty them again an hour or so later, only a tiny few drops at bottom of tray

J

Jungleboogie

Run-off pH doesn't really tell you a ton tbh. Or at least for what you're looking for.

I know when starting out it's easy to think "oh shit I have a problem, I need to flush" but that usually just leaves you chasing your tail
So you think get a pen, let it dry out and chill?
They don't look healthy at all to me and not very big either!

MW7945

MW7945

Is that 600 HPS dimmable or anything? Kind of overkill for veg/not that great of a spectrum

J

Jungleboogie

What is the temp on them? Should be something like 4000K or something along those lines

Are they actually 85w and 65w, or are they "comparable to" that

Yeah says 85w on bulb and that one is 2700k and the 65w is 6500k

Should I be using them at this point?
I assumed hps would be better?

MW7945

MW7945

One cfl 4 plants not enough light 2700k is veg ,6500k for flower what kind of ballast do you have can it run mh it's a better spectrum for veg. But I've ran hps through both veg and flower it will work I'd back off light and watch the heat. But mh is the way to go for veg

Got that backwards bud... 2700K is higher in red. 6500K is very high in blue. 6500K is for veg. And Imo, LED is the way to go for veg.

Reactions: Ina
J

Jungleboogie

My ballast is a basic screw in bulb one with reflector, reckon it's worth switching to mh now? They are autos btw

Thanks for your replies chaps, appreciate it!

MW7945

MW7945

Lighting isn't your issue though. You need to dial in your pH/nutrients. I don't personally grow in soil nor do I use autos. Neither appeal to me

J

Jungleboogie

Thanks a lot for your input guys, I'll get the ph sorted! Stick with the light.

J

Jungleboogie

Lighting isn't your issue though. You need to dial in your pH/nutrients. I don't personally grow in soil nor do I use autos. Neither appeal to me

I'm new to growing so thought autos and soil would be simple and easy. Had ok results last time

Latest posts

Top Bottom