Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant?

• Thread starter welderjesus69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
welderjesus69

welderjesus69

A couple of my plants of the same strain are all starting to show the same symptoms over the last couple of weeks. Pretty much all of my leaves are getting small rust circles and starting to turn yellow around the edges. The spots came first and now the yellowing. It seems to be killing alot of the leaves. I'm not sure if its a disease or a deficiency as its my first grow this year. Also around some of the bud sites the leaves and hairs are turning a dark purple almost black like shown on the pictures attached.
These plants have been in the ground since june and have been doing awesome until now. They are 8-9 ft bushes. They are planted directly into the ground. Bottom third of holes are subcools super soil recipe. The other 2/3 of hole is happyfrog and composted horse manure mix. I use compost and seed sprout teas, and have done some top dresses throughout the year with worm castings, kelp meal, epsoma garden tone and most recently top dressed with mr. Bs green trees for flower.
Thanks ahead for any help!
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant 11
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant 2
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant 3
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant 4
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant 5
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant 6
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant 7
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant 10
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant 9
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant 8
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant 7
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant 6
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant 12
Can someone help me identify what is wrong with my plant 13

Swirlsy

Swirlsy

Some of those leaves look like thrip damage. Have you checked for bugs? The black stuff could be thrip feces because they love new growth ..it could also be fungal.. any one?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

A couple of my plants of the same strain are all starting to show the same symptoms over the last couple of weeks. Pretty much all of my leaves are getting small rust circles and starting to turn yellow around the edges. The spots came first and now the yellowing. It seems to be killing alot of the leaves. I'm not sure if its a disease or a deficiency as its my first grow this year. Also around some of the bud sites the leaves and hairs are turning a dark purple almost black like shown on the pictures attached.
These plants have been in the ground since june and have been doing awesome until now. They are 8-9 ft bushes. They are planted directly into the ground. Bottom third of holes are subcools super soil recipe. The other 2/3 of hole is happyfrog and composted horse manure mix. I use compost and seed sprout teas, and have done some top dresses throughout the year with worm castings, kelp meal, epsoma garden tone and most recently top dressed with mr. Bs green trees for flower.
Thanks ahead for any help! View attachment 1017680View attachment 1017670View attachment 1017671View attachment 1017672View attachment 1017673View attachment 1017674View attachment 1017675View attachment 1017676View attachment 1017679View attachment 1017678View attachment 1017677View attachment 1017676View attachment 1017675View attachment 1017670View attachment 1017670View attachment 1017682View attachment 1017683
It's leaf septoria, recommend liquid copper fungicide

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I think I see something else too 😕

Screenshot 20200819 195431 Chrome
Screenshot 20200819 195431 Chrome

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I had a tospovirus that was very similar concentric rings. This was years ago and on tomato plants

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I think I see something else too 😕

View attachment 1019151View attachment 1019152
Leaf septoria from what i remember is going to be dark spots with tiny bubbles growing in the dark spots. With them being lower to midfle plant. Viruses move freely yours is all over leads me to think virus . I forget the name of the tospovirus but i think thats whst you have....check for thrips they vectored it on n in my tomaters a few years ago. I still got yeild but it was diminished slightly...

Your picutres arent the greatest but i see black spots light halo consentric rings...if its leaf septoria itll have gritty like black sand sized bubbles growing in the black dead spot

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Leaf septoria from what i remember is going to be dark spots with tiny bubbles growing in the dark spots. With them being lower to midfle plant. Viruses move freely yours is all over leads me to think virus . I forget the name of the tospovirus but i think thats whst you have....check for thrips they vectored it on n in my tomaters a few years ago. I still got yeild but it was diminished slightly...

Your picutres arent the greatest but i see black spots light halo consentric rings...if its leaf septoria itll have gritty like black sand sized bubbles growing in the black dead spot
They're op's pictures; I've dealt with septoria and I believe it's some type of related fungus so we'll have to disagree but if it's the purple disease op has a bigger problem

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Some of those leaves look like thrip damage. Have you checked for bugs? The black stuff could be thrip feces because they love new growth ..it could also be fungal.. any one?

Fuck brother i didnt see your post..great spot!! Fuckin thrips!!! Fuckin swirsly comes in and bam!! Well done/said..thanks

Welder jesus. First off love the avatar!! Is that from the new tool album? I didnt buy it yet waiting to buy it used and very cheap

The thrips are invading your plant you need to kill them fast...THEY VECTORED IN A VIRUS!!!...no need to panic. Yeild will diminish!!

How long has this been going on? Do you have plants anywhere else? The virus will shed from the plant leaving particles all over your clothes. It will spread big time. Can take up to 2 weeks if i remember correctly to manifest. Thats how viruses work. They build up there numbers in the host plant and go nuttz.
Methyl jasmonate will help but too expensive...you need asprin to kick up a sars reponse in the plant...

TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!! This is viral not fungal nor is it bacterial..look at the black spots there isnt any type of bubble or bulbous growth in the black areas...i dont see any

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

They're op's pictures; I've dealt with septoria and I believe it's some type of related fungus so we'll have to disagree but if it's the purple disease op has a bigger problem

Ive seen tospovirus in cannabis looked exactlly the same...if the op has thrips its a given. They vectored it in on mine 3 years ago...i had an indoor crop i had to cut back and delay flowering till i could get it slow it progression. I used asprin..it helped a bit...my yield was the greatest but it did help though.

I dont see grity black bubbly growth in the black spots...not tryin to step on toes nor argue and be an ass to you beach. Ill wait for op to report on how long its been going on. Then ill make my final decision on what it is

Idealt with this..thrips vector disease much like fungus gnats. Thrips bring i think mosaic and tospoviruses to the table

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Link on purple disease from our site. This what you are talkin about? Sounds like bad stuff...i read about this in the watson book that is on the page in that link.

I downloaded hemp diseases for free ill try to find that link where i did that...it was a free pdf site

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

OP you can treat the septoria with liquid copper fungicide or wettable sulfur;
Screenshot 20200820 042740 Chrome
Screenshot 20200820 042618 Google
Screenshot 20200820 042421 Chrome

regarding the purple on the buds it's called a Phytoplasma Disease, I added a link for you above, the people in that thread have been dealing with it for years and they may be able to help you, good luck

Last edited:
Top Bottom