Suds.an.buds

Im getting some brown spots on my leaves
Can someone help me out
Can someone help me out 2
Can someone help me out 3
Can someone help me out 4

E

Eclipted

I’m new so I could be wrong but to me it looks like a calcium deficiency. If I had to guess I’d say maybe too much nitrogen in the mix is locking out your calmag. Clawed leaves and yellow tips are a sign of a lil too much N.

Suds.an.buds

Suds.an.buds

I’m new so I could be wrong but to me it looks like a calcium deficiency. If I had to guess I’d say maybe too much nitrogen in the mix is locking out your calmag. Clawed leaves and yellow tips are a sign of a lil too much N.
Yea just been giving water cuz i was thinking to much N but doesn’t seem to be getting any better

E

Eclipted

Next watering id do another plain water with a dose of cal mag and see how she responds. She’s not looking terrible by any means. However them spots aren’t gonna heal up so I’d say a day after the watering with cal mag chop all the spotted leaves off and wait to see if new spots pop up. Your plant looks good tho man! Dope training you gave her

Suds.an.buds

Suds.an.buds

Next watering id do another plain water with a dose of cal mag and see how she responds. She’s not looking terrible by any means. However them spots aren’t gonna heal up so I’d say a day after the watering with cal mag chop all the spotted leaves off and wait to see if new spots pop up. Your plant looks good tho man! Dope training you gave her
Thanks bro this is my second grow just trying my best any learning as much as I can from the farm

B

Budtirement

Way to go with the training Suds. Nice and low. looks like about 30 bud sites. Should be a forest of colas. How big is that pot? Are you going to transplant into a bigger one before you flip? As big as she's growing, she's going to have a tremendous root ball. I'm imagining you'll want to give her everything she can take going into flower to get her to fatten up those colas. How old is she from germination? She's a prize!

Suds.an.buds

Suds.an.buds

Way to go with the training Suds. Nice and low. looks like about 30 bud sites. Should be a forest of colas. How big is that pot? Are you going to transplant into a bigger one before you flip? As big as she's growing, she's going to have a tremendous root ball. I'm imagining you'll want to give her everything she can take going into flower to get her to fatten up those colas. How old is she from germination? She's a prize!
The pot is a 5 gallon bucket its all I could find laying around went from 4 to 5 gallon bucket last weekend she is a clone I took from my last plant i think she is 12-13 weeks since rooted was planning on flipping may 1st in that pot

Suds.an.buds

Suds.an.buds

Hey Suds...what are the temp and rh....just curious.....why did you stop the feed?
Temp has been around 78-80 day and 55-58 rh my ppm runoff was real high so i was bringing that back down and seem to be high N

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I’m not seeing nitrogen tox leaves aren’t clawed heavy just slight leaf tip droop on a few here and there, could be start of cal def

I’d Lift up the light 4-5” or back the power down a touch and let the pot dry back till she’s light before watering again, leaves look a bit puffy, probably just not allowing enough dry back between waterings, continue with cal-mag at recommended dose, go another watering or 2 with the cal mag only and see how she looks, and reintroduce the feed,

Suds.an.buds

Suds.an.buds

Shes loaded with roots coming out the bottom already i only went from 4 gal to 5 gal bucket last weekend cuz thats all i had and didn’t think it would be showing that many roots that fast
IMG 6775

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

personally i think this looks more like overwatering then nitrogen toxicity. N toxicity will usually come with very dark, often almost glossy leaves along side the hooking tips. The perimeter of fan leaves will usually cup downward a bit too as it progresses on.

Yellowing tips along side hooking leaves has usually been overwatering or the beginnings of a PH drifting issue for me. OP noted he's properly PH'ing his water.

I'd be willing to wager you're not waiting quite long enough between watering on that girl. Roots willingness to expand that far into open air from the soil also implies excessive moisture presence. The root tips have discovered the air flow at the drainage holes and grown toward them with haste to escape the perching of a permanent/semi-permanent water table.

The dark spots may be a micronutrient thing but may also be related to excessive transpiration of the plant (would also imply overwatering). I've had zinc and manganese deficiencies present that way to begin with, but will usually progress rapidly from there if not handled and come with some other leaf issues as well that i don't see. It probably doesn't have anything to do with deficiencies. If it seems associated with your other issue, which id bet money is overwatering, it probably is.

I may type up and post a simple Tek in detail for diminishing overwatering effects when you have larger pots.

You can take a cookie sheet, and fill it with magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) and bake it in the over at 450F for a couple hours. This creates magnesium sulfate heptahydrate. A powerful dessicant. Most of it will bake together into little sheets of the substance too. Basically this just moves the water from the soil, to the heptahydrate for removal.

Ive resolved overwatering quite a few times by placing some hardened sheets of the heptahydrate in a layer on top of the pot, covering with foil up to the stem as well as some sheets of it underneath the pot, and letting sit overnight and checking. This will pull nearly a full cup+ of water out of your pot in a few hours. It's kinda crazy how quickly you can resolve overwatering issues this way. Heads up though, you dont wanna breathe any of that heptahydrate dust if you do this. And it works so well, you can actually over-dry your pots if you go a little too long, quite easily.

Every individual heptahydrate molecule, IIRC, can bind to 7 water molecules permanently, and you have to re-bake the heptahydrate above the boiling point of water to remove it from the desiccant. It works very well for this. Moisture will wick against gravity just to bind to this stuff. This stuff + h202 can even save a plant's life once it gets well into root rot territory.

Last edited:
Suds.an.buds

Suds.an.buds

personally i think this looks more like overwatering then nitrogen toxicity. N toxicity will usually come with very dark, often almost glossy leaves along side the hooking tips. The perimeter of fan leaves will usually cup downward a bit too as it progresses on.

Yellowing tips along side hooking leaves has usually been overwatering or the beginnings of a PH drifting issue for me. OP noted he's properly PH'ing his water.

I'd be willing to wager you're not waiting quite long enough between watering on that girl. Roots willingness to expand that far into open air from the soil also implies excessive moisture presence. The root tips have discovered the air flow at the drainage holes and grown toward them with haste to escape the perching of a permanent/semi-permanent water table.

The dark spots may be a micronutrient thing but may also be related to excessive transpiration of the plant (would also imply overwatering). I've had zinc and manganese deficiencies present that way to begin with, but will usually progress rapidly from there if not handled and come with some other leaf issues as well that i don't see. It probably doesn't have anything to do with deficiencies. If it seems associated with your other issue, which id bet money is overwatering, it probably is.

I may type up and post a simple Tek in detail for diminishing overwatering effects when you have larger pots.

You can take a cookie sheet, and fill it with magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) and bake it in the over at 450F for a couple hours. This creates magnesium sulfate heptahydrate. A powerful dessicant. Most of it will bake together into little sheets of the substance too. Basically this just moves the water from the soil, to the heptahydrate for removal.

Ive resolved overwatering quite a few times by placing some hardened sheets of the heptahydrate in a layer on top of the pot, covering with foil up to the stem as well as some sheets of it underneath the pot, and letting sit overnight and checking. This will pull nearly a full cup+ of water out of your pot in a few hours. It's kinda crazy how quickly you can resolve overwatering issues this way. Heads up though, you dont wanna breathe any of that heptahydrate dust if you do this. And it works so well, you can actually over-dry your pots if you go a little too long, quite easily.

Every individual heptahydrate molecule, IIRC, can bind to 7 water molecules permanently, and you have to re-bake the heptahydrate above the boiling point of water to remove it from the desiccant. It works very well for this. Moisture will wick against gravity just to bind to this stuff. This stuff + h202 can even save a plant's life once it gets well into root rot territory.
I was watering every 5 days 1 gallon of water very little runoff

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I was watering every 5 days 1 gallon of water very little runoff
What's the soil volume of the pot? If it's 3 gal or under your soil is def holding a bit of excessive moisture. I havent grown in soil very intentfully before this year in quite a long time, but from memory that seems like a lot of water for what your pot size looks like to only have light runoff. I do know that cannabis performs better in a more arid soil then a moisture retentive one, dramatically so. But when plants get big in soil it can be quite a PITA to keep an arid soil moist enough for long enough. When plants are still fairly small relative the pot, and you have a highly retentive soil, overwatering can become the single easiest mistake to make in all of the cannabis growing world. It truly is the most common issue i've seen in small soil grows over 20 or so years of growing, by orders of magnitude.

My own dumbass is currently letting some babies recover from being left outside in the rain in the 40s because i forgot to bring them in. Happened the day after first light feeding too lol. This is something that will likely show its face to you again, no matter how experienced you get.

But the amount you were watering and how often technically doesn't actually say anything about whether a particular plant is experiencing the symptoms of overwatering. You can be treating two from seed plants in the exact same soil, that are the same size exactly the same and one can present symptoms the other doesn't. Even two plants in the same genotype may pull water, and transpire differently then one another. Surface area of the leaves varies hugely plant to plant and plays a roll in that as well, and if you haven't trained all your plants and defoliated the same way, or if they are different phenotypes/genotypes/ages they will all dry out at pretty different rates. Sometimes a perched water table will only build slightly every watering and it can take some time to really show overwatering symptoms as well.

Pots in a tent location that receives less airflow (further from fans/intakes/exhausts), assuming temps are properly managed throughout, will also dry out more slowly then other pots in the same tent even if all other variables are the same (Which is impossible technically)

If it's turning around with nothing done but waiting, it was almost definitely an excessive moisture issue lol. Get used to feeling the weights of the pots right after watering, and as the days in between go by. You will gain a personal feel for when every pot is asking for a drink over time. (youll even be able to tell the day before a watering is needed with pretty much total accuracy)

If this plant keeps having mild symptoms like this with everything else mentioned accounted for*, and you grow it again, bump up the perlite content by like 10% next go on that pheno and you probably won't see this issue again on her.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom