Can someone help me with energy cost related q's?

• Thread starter subieslow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
subieslow

subieslow

Hey there. Been running my setup the same and recently got a fat increase in pge? but my setup hasn't changed?

running 2 1000 watt air cooled lights, 2 vortex 6 inch fans pretty much full time, a tiny little house fan.

I'm in ca so energy costs are high, but I do run at 10 at night-10am.

How much could this be costing at a maximum? can anyone help?

E

ent

Did you recently get a smart meter. I hear a lot of PG&E customers are complaining of increased rates when they receive a smart meter with no usage increase.

M

MASSES 420KING

you need to give me what they charge per kilowatt hour for instance with all hidden charges i pay 9 cents per kilowatt hour so it would cost you for a 1000 watt hid 1.08 dollars a day on a 12/12 schedule and then times that by how many 1000watt bangers you got going

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Did you recently get a smart meter. I hear a lot of PG&E customers are complaining of increased rates when they receive a smart meter with no usage increase.
Oh yeah. We got a Smart Meter and this year's bills are definitely above last year's. This April we paid over $600, double last year's bill and the only difference was a single 600W HPS being run through the month.

The city of San Francisco has now petitioned the PUC to stop PG&E from continuing to install the meters because of all the problems (class action lawsuit down south in Fresno area, for one). Either they're installed wrong, or the meters are faulty, and this is only according to what PG&E 'fesses up to.

I suggest you start doing some research, it is not pretty what they're doing. I left the country on the 8th, too, so I don't know if their monstrosity of Proposition 16 passed. I'm willing to bet it did, they sure misrepresented the reality of things and I can totally see the Typical California Voter voting according to the tv advertising to pass that piece of shyte.

MASSES, part of what PG&E charges is not just the power you're using. Fully 50% of our bill is for transmission of the electricity to our home (they're charging us monthly to use the fucking lines, as though electrons are like water and have to be pushed uphill). It's a God damned racket.

Edit: YAY! It was defeated!
http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/California_Proposition_16_(June_2010)

S

SomeoneYouKnow

My CA Energy Costs "Delivered" in Tier 4 work out to .31 per KWH.

:DROP JAW:

subieslow

subieslow

yea mine are around the same, but essentially the bill has gone up nearly 400!!, and the lights had been running for 2 months prior. 2 1000 watts and 2 6 inch fans. 12 12, at night.

T

TwoCreeks

I'm just a little to the east of you all in SMUD country and I think our top summer tier is $.18 per KW hour. I just got my first monthly bill since I fully powered up my first run in the new room. Just under $600.00 for a 4k flower room and a 1 k veg room plus the fans, a/c, dehumidifier, and a four bedroom house. This is about $475.00 more than I would be paying without the grow happening.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
And that is why PG&E wanted Prop 16 passed so badly. What a difference? PG&E, et alia, would have the consumer believe that we're paying the best price possible for our energy. In the meantime we're being gouged.

Did you know that they have hydroelectric generating plants right up here in the Sierra? But, does that offset our costs at all? No, not in any way, shape or form.

The installation of the SmartMeter has only made it worse for us.

S

SSHZ

Summer rates have kicked in last month so everyone's bills have jumped. The smart meters force you to run your rooms at night, when rates are cheaper. It's the only way around it. They are trying to force you to shift your power use to a less demanding time of day. But, just wait for Obama to try and pass crap and trade- they are predicting 40% higher rates on your electricity, in addition to all the other fees they can impose before then. I've already warned customers of big increases in prices if it passes................

420king-spaded

i know masses seamaiden and what he was trying to convey imo is that the way we are charged is by this elec consumption,the service,the connection and the delivery all of those tolls equal out to 9 cents for every kilowatt used in an hour so in massachusetts where we are located 2 1000 watt hids would cost 18 cents an hour to use and i say fuck pg&e sue the shit outem like erin brockovitch did

subieslow

subieslow

so for 2,000 watts and 2 fans I should not be paying like 500 dollars, all running at night 12-12

yea smartmeter lil while ago it leaks gas

M

MASSES 420KING

dude thats ridiculess just for 2250 watts you really gota find out how much they charge per kilowatt hour and then go from there is you total bill 500 a month or is it 500 extra to run the grow show

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
so for 2,000 watts and 2 fans I should not be paying like 500 dollars, all running at night 12-12

How much over baseline are they saying you are? That's where you get hit with the nifty rate that's tiered at 300% of baseline charges (IIRC, that power used above baseline, once it hits the 300% mark, is charged at something like $.50/kwh). That's part of how they nailed us in April, we were above baseline according to the meter, so they charged us an incredibly increased rate. Unless you measure your own power consumption, you don't have much to go on. There is, however, the city of SF petitioning the PUC to stop SM installation, and the Fresno class action suit may expand.

I hope they end up fucking themselves as royally as they're fucking us.

S

SSHZ

I also don't think people realize how much your a/c costs to run......... those compressors suck the energy like crazy. Add the big fan the a/c unit uses to push the air thru the house= EXPENSIVE @ those summer rates.

S

SomeoneYouKnow

Yes - my summer bill has gone up almost 10% due to AC costs alone. (( In *my* area - the "baseline" is a HIGHER amount during the summer to account for a little air conditioning use - so in all actuality it should be lower ))

420Gator

420Gator

Im paying 25% more but quadruple the set up. Soundls like youre getting over charged

C

Crom1904

I recewntly had a 1000 watt mh and 1000 watt hps running with 4 fans and my bill was about around 80 or 90 a month . i had the mh on a 18/6 schedule and ofcourse the hps was on a 6pm to pam (12/12)

Latest posts

Top Bottom