Can someone help me with my 2 week old...might have a problem.

• Thread starter GrimloxK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrimloxK

Hey buds I'm on 2 weeks with my sweet tooth...she grew really nicely for the first week but i'm noticing some bad signs right now. Mainly with the lower leaves, newer growth looks good.

for what its worth heres the breakdown of my soil

Solo cup (first 2 weeks)
mix of FF light warrior and roots organics potting soil with some Azomite in the bottom of the cup in case it needed it.

1 gallon container (just xplanted the other day)
I did zones of FF light warrior and roots organics potting soil, with some azomite, dolomite lime and VAM-endo mix around the roots of my xplant.

Tell me what you guys think I should do, or any diagnosis.

All help is appreciated!

Can someone help me with my 2 week oldmight have a problem
Can someone help me with my 2 week oldmight have a problem 2
Can someone help me with my 2 week oldmight have a problem 3
Can someone help me with my 2 week oldmight have a problem 4
Can someone help me with my 2 week oldmight have a problem 5
K

kes5480

are u ph'ing ur water? and are u letting the soil dry out inbetween waterings?

G

GrimloxK

Well heres what happened over the weekend.

My plant was still in the solo cup when I started noticing this bottom yellowing. I had already planned to do an xplant into a 1 gallon over the weekend anyway.

I watered her lightly the day before the xplant with a couple drops of neptunes harvest seaweed extract because I heard that makes the xplant easier on the plant.

the next day I transplanted into the 1 gallon and a day after I watered her in her new container with some distilled water.

I figure the droopiness is because of the frequent watering cuz I know she can go for 3 days before watering.

I did not ph my water...I added dolomite lime to my new container as well as distilled water which is neutral.

Does it look like a ph problem or a not enough nute problem?

K

kes5480

some strains are real ph sensitive. i believe it is a must for all growers to have a ph meter. just my thought. u can get em for like 25$ or less i think...

so yeah it could be a ph problem.
let the soil dry out nice then water with some ph'd water, 6.3 is good for soil and maybe some light veg nutes.but that fox farm soil should have every thing u need in it for a couple weeks. i usually wait a couple weeks before i add nutes. i would just use it straight from the bag, maybe a lil perlite. i like to keep it simple.
i use happy frog soil by fox farm and i use it straight from the bag i dont add nothing. and use fox farm nutes and i always ph my water or feed before i give it to my ladies. just keep it simple u know wat i mean?

P

Producer

Ya, PH'ing your water is a must bro.
And this early in the game I wouldnt even add nutes.
And if so, just like quarter strength or at the most half.

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

Everyone has alot of good info but you its a little vague-(no disrepect to any of my other growing bros)

Here's your problem.
1.The introduction of the dolemite lime should have introduced when you had premixed your soil BEFORE planting your product.

2.The "soggyness" of the leaves is a classic case of chemical burn from BOTH nutes, and the pH spike from the dolomite lime.

3.The yellowing is from Nitrogen deficiency "straight-up" (since the plant is obviously still in the VEG state).

Solution-what you need to do is flush out your plant with water (I dont mean just keep the hose on "slow flow" and leave the hose in the bucket)

Get you a large container with as best neutral water you can get (rain water is the purest of course) IF you decide to use tap water (not a bad choice...) MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE THE TAP WATER OUT FOR AT LEAST 24-36 HOURS....that way the Chloramine (not chlorine) will evaporate out of the water thereby leaving your with a neutrally sufficient watering element for replacing the hydro back in your Sensi.

Now that you have Chloramine-purged water, USE THAT FOR FLUSHING YOUR WATER!!!

After constantly (probably by hand, given the constant settling of water for Chloramine purging) for about a whole day (24 Hours) at about the same capacity of water that the container the plants holds every other hour.

*so if its a 3gal container, than you need to flush the plant slowly with the "Purged water" with 3 gallons of water every other hour=12 times.

(*Now your plant is back at a "Neutral state") and is ready for the reintroduction of nutrients for feeding.

-The best rule of thunb- is to reset the introduction of nutrients back two weeks from whatever feeding scheduled week you happen to be in.
*After you have "caught back up" after those two weeks of re-nursing your plant back to health, continue the feeding (and light) schedule accordingly.

anymore questions let me know....

G

GrimloxK

yea I figured the yellowing was due to an N deficiency but I have not introduced nutes yet at all.

could this mean that my soil is too hot to cause a chemical burn?

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Right on the head TokenBlack. Your soil has nutes already in it but you could be suffering nitrogen lockout due to the ph/ too much water issues. You should use tap water over distilled water, distilled water has no mineral value (there are trace minerals in tap that your plant needs). You should also be checking the ph of your soil and tap so you know what you're dealing with ph wise. A digital probe soil ph meter is like $15 at Home Depot or any other hardware/ garden store. You could also get a water ph tester kit for like $4. I'd let her dry out after flushing for at least three days and probably keep your soil in the 6.4-6.7ph range. :bong-hits:

G

GrimloxK

hey buds thanks for all the advice.

I think i'm gonna let the container dry out first as well...should be in the next day or so.

I'm gonna go on amazon and get a ph meter...does anyone have any links to any good ones they mind sharing though?

But my biggest concern is the use of tap water instead of distilled water thats troubling me....

I've read/heard that you should use RO/distilled water/rain water for your plants because it's free of any chemicals. While spending $1 for a gallon can rake up some small expense, it is a bitch to buy gallons of water.

My question is not really regarding the chloride/chloramine in my tap water, but the flouride because I heard it can negatively impact the plant.

The reason i'm bringing this up is that for my first grow of Red Dragon, I used distilled water only and if it wasn't for light burn I would have yielded 3 ounces on my 3 ft. plant.

But if you guys can give me some advice as how to go about switching from bought water to tap water i am all ears.

Should I boil my water, or run it through a filter(brita) and let it sit out for 24 hours before use? I'm really interested in this because as much as I like the fact that distilled water is free of contaminants, i'd really like the convenience of not buying water.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

The water from the tap is potable and should not pose any real risk to your plants. Letting it sit for 24 hours is better because the chlorine added to the water will dissipate as long as you don't seal it and let air hit it. You can do what you like but isn't buying distilled water expensive? To me it's a waste to use filtered water but I do live in LA, our water is pretty good. I can also tell you I always use tap water and so far no issues. Here's a link to the ph soil meter I have:

pretty basic little one button device.
Also fluoride isn't known to cause issues with cannabis but it depends on how much. If you're worried use a brita filter or filtered water.

Top Bottom