Can someone help with my ventilation problem..

• Thread starter caperfarmer902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caperfarmer902

hey guys, im wondering about what size fan i should get for my room, my intake is going to be 4inchs no matter what but i got a 3x3ft grow tent, what size exhaust fan should i use or have, my 400watt light requires a 6inch fan i was thinking a 6inch fan for this setting it up to my light and a carbon filter by getting the fan outide the room and putting a y connector on it with one running to the air cooled reflector, and the other going to a carbon filter im going to hang in the room.. please someone help me with this??

hiboy

hiboy

You could hang that filter like your saying, sucking air from the room thru the filter, thru the fan motor and then connect that output to your lights to cool them, then vent outside. Thats how my set up is . If your gona do co2 then i would do it a little different.
hiboy

C

caperfarmer902

yea but what im gunna do is have my intake in the bottom of the tent just blowing in, and the outtake at the top on the cool tube light and to the carbon filter, the exhausts more for the light to keep it cool and to take the bad air out, i just want to know a good size for the 3ft x 3ft room

hiboy

hiboy

Well fans are based on cfm's. So add up your area 3x3 x ? height. If you split a six inch with a T you should be golden. You also have the option of getting a larger fan, and buying a 20 dolla speed control (speedster) and tone it right where you need. Also gives ya room for upgrade.
hiboy

M

Mmmmasonite

6" H.O. can fan will do the trick ...........There is no need to y it.....If you pull through the light and out into the carbon filter this will exhaust the tent at the same time as cooling the light....Putting the y in it will just split the cfms between the light and the area...this is not as effective as a straight pull through.....A word to the wise........Can fans perform the best and are the only company who pay to certify their products...So when the box says the fan pushes a certain amount.....it does.....the other companies just write what they want on the box regardless of what they really push....Good luck

R

Radio_Dread

yeah i agree. you will lose half of your cfm's by doing that. i would get a high powered 6in inline fan and run it straight pull pull through your filter and the hood and out the fan. get a fan with at least 400 cfm and you will be good with a 400 banger. good luck and stay safe out there.

RD

C

caperfarmer902

hey guys sorry for the late delay, but heres my ventilation plan, tell me what you think,
Im going to take mmmmmasonights advice and get the 6'' can fan exhaust blower, and the 6'' can fan carbom filter to match along with 6'' exhaust ducting 30 ft where its going to exhaust into my furence room where a window is where ill setup a dryer vent so its stealthy, and that will be blowing out my exhaust air, my intake will be a 4'' can fan inline fan either just sucking air into the room from my living room, or setting up a air scrubber 4'' and take air from outside, along with getting a dual plug in thermosate where i can dial in the same temp on both fans and keep the temps in my tent evalated.. any suggestions for any improvements that would be great,!!
also what do you think about about the 6'' exhaust setup with a split t running one to my carbon filter hanging from the top of the gro tent, and the other going to my fan keeping that cool, since it is a cooltube relfector..

M

Mmmmasonite

hey guys sorry for the late delay, but heres my ventilation plan, tell me what you think,
Im going to take mmmmmasonights advice and get the 6'' can fan exhaust blower, and the 6'' can fan carbom filter to match along with 6'' exhaust ducting 30 ft where its going to exhaust into my furence room where a window is where ill setup a dryer vent so its stealthy, and that will be blowing out my exhaust air, my intake will be a 4'' can fan inline fan either just sucking air into the room from my living room, or setting up a air scrubber 4'' and take air from outside, along with getting a dual plug in thermosate where i can dial in the same temp on both fans and keep the temps in my tent evalated.. any suggestions for any improvements that would be great,!!
also what do you think about about the 6'' exhaust setup with a split t running one to my carbon filter hanging from the top of the gro tent, and the other going to my fan keeping that cool, since it is a cooltube relfector..

Just set up the carbon filter before the reflector and pull through the reflector and fan and then out....Don't T it cause ur gonna lose more cfms that way than if you pull through the filter in a straight line..As for the 4" fan.....Check out the Dust shroom....You can pull fresh filtered air from outside with out losing cfms....I recommend fresh air over house air.....Peace

C

caperfarmer902

Just set up the carbon filter before the reflector and pull through the reflector and fan and then out....Don't T it cause ur gonna lose more cfms that way than if you pull through the filter in a straight line..As for the 4" fan.....Check out the Dust shroom....You can pull fresh filtered air from outside with out losing cfms....I recommend fresh air over house air.....Peace

alright, yea i was tryin to figure out lastnigth how i could run this to run stright, and the only setup i came up with was set the fan up on the wall of my grow room, take the end thats pulling air and set it up to my carbon filter in the roof or my tent, and then keep going with the ducting from the carbon filter to the light so its just pulling right though one stright line, then into my furence room, and my 4inch inline will be pulling air in from outside from the dust shroom, thanks mmmmmmasonite!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom