can someone link me the PH/PPM top off post.

• Thread starter Dank Sinatra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dank Sinatra

Dank Sinatra

So i remember reading a post that basically said when your UC's ppm and ph change in this relation to eachother it means you need to top off witha stronger or weaker solution, can someone please rexplain the Law to me or link me to that post.

thanks

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

PPM's down -> pH up, needs to be stronger
PPM's up -> pH down, needs to be weaker
and when it starts to be pretty steady and your solution level is dropping, then you've got it dialed in.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I always look for rising pH. Remember if your plants are uptaking nutrients they are both removing acids from the solution, as well as dropping hydroxyl (alkaline) ions into the solution.

F

FrostyTheGroMan

I was wondering, if PPM was too high say 1200ppm.... Would that cause nutes to not be uptaken??

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Osmosis, the process by which roots uptake solution depends on a higher ratio of ions inside the plant compared to the solution being uptaken...

so yes.

F

FrostyTheGroMan

Osmosis, the process by which roots uptake solution depends on a higher ratio of ions inside the plant compared to the solution being uptaken...

so yes.

Thanks DS! What would be the best way to go about dealing with this in a UC system? Should I run straight RO for 24 hours to flush the plants of any build up? Or should I just reduce the ppm's, n if so, to what?

I'm starting week 4 of bloom now n have been running the system at about 850 ppm give or take. But after a few top off's, I checked the ppm's n they were above 1200 ppm!!

How bad is it that my girls have been feeding off of this for the past week or so?? Could that possibly stunt my plants or reduce the potential yield at all??

Thanks so much in advance for any advice u can help me with!!

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

id just half the ppms (600), till they start eating again.

lava

lava

i have been dealing with falling ph and steady ppm in the first week of flower. My ph drops .2-.3 everyday, but the ppm stay consistent. I do not have a top off res, and the plants are drinking a lot. The water level is dropping and the ppm goes down only when i add water. What can be causing the falling ph?

Latest posts

Top Bottom