Can Someone Please Help.

• Thread starter Ameadows92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Ameadows92

If I remember correctly floralicious uses ammonium nitrate for its nitrogen base. Not the best source of nitrogen for a hydro environment. What type of cal-mag are you using? Is it carbonate based or nitrogen based?
Personally I would just start feeding with your regular nutrient formula and ditch the floralicious.
If it was a pH issue I'd expect to see a little twisting of the leaves.
Im using GH calimagic, what would you suggest.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

im a new grower growing in hydro, I added rapid start, floralicious plus, and cal-mag for the first time 3 days ago(with gh trio), yesterday morning this happened and it's happening to the top fan leaf now as well. Think you can give me a clue as to what is going on? Is it the supplements? Please help, I don't want it to die.
Hello, could it be a combination of having your lights too close and nutrients?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

thanks a lot I took the advise and calmed down on the nutes and the burns stopped. The cotyledons should fall off by tomorrow so im excited for veg (and I know I have a lot of stretch but I have 2 300w mars led's that should be here in the nxt day or 2) here are a few pics so you can see but now im running into my nxt issue. Is this beginning signs of root rot? At first I thought it was just the clay pellets rubbing off because I didnt wash well enough but I think the bottoms are going to change colors now too(from a pearly color to a rusty one) I learned about a peroxide bath yesterday so just wondering should I be concerned enough to do something like that?
Mr. Skunk ins has hit the nail on the head I believe.
thanks a lot I took the advise and calmed down on the nutes and the burns stopped. The cotyledons should fall off by tomorrow so im excited for veg (and I know I have a lot of stretch but I have 2 300w mars led's that should be here in the nxt day or 2) here are a few pics so you can see but now im running into my nxt issue. Is this beginning signs of root rot? At first I thought it was just the clay pellets rubbing off because I didnt wash well enough but I think the bottoms are going to change colors now too(from a pearly color to a rusty one) I learned about a peroxide bath yesterday so just wondering should I be concerned enough to do something like that?
Mr skunkins is right again. I believe those brown roots are caused by too high of temperatures. Either that or you are not doing your water changes which I doubt..

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Mr. Skunk ins has hit the nail on the head I believe.

Mr skunkins is right again. I believe those brown roots are caused by too high of temperatures. Either that or you are not doing your water changes which I doubt..
This is why HPS is out of the question for me LOL.

20170619 140701
A

Ameadows92

This is why HPS is out of the question for me LOL.
lol I'm in Vegas and I think we are in the same boat, so my mars lights are here and I set them at 18 inches but they are folding away but this is recommended is this because of the intensified, how high should I set them?

IMG 2686
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

lol I'm in Vegas and I think we are in the same boat, so my mars lights are here and I set them at 18 inches but they are folding away but this is recommended is this because of the intensified, how high should I set them?
You don't need them that close for veg. 24 inches is just fine. The most important thing is your temp. It looks like you're using a 10x12 room if that's the case try exchanging the air in the room with the house air at a high rate and you can withstand higher temperatures even up to 90 at veg.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I would wait and time my switch to flower around September October. Then you can keep it real cool for excellent flower. Unless you have a way of doing that artificially. The house air conditioning alone may not be sufficient because of fluctuations in temperatures.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

You want to drop it down to 18 inches when you can sustain lower temperatures and at flower. Try using a thermometer that recordes your temperature histories so you can find if you are fluctuating.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I don't know what kind of Mars Hydro you have but I have put them 48 inches above and still had great success at veg.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

My apologies I did not stop to think you might be using Hydroponics I thought you were using soil. With Hydroponics you cannot withstand those types of high temperatures it kills your roots. You're going to have to find a way to keep those temps down.

A

Ameadows92

Thank you, I've washed the roots and added hydroguard and they were cleaning up after 2 days but I saw someone that let their hydro temps get to 80 so I didn't change the temp for a day and the color on the roots are coming back, so I'm going to keep up with the constant temp changing because I think your right

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Thank you, I've washed the roots and added hydroguard and they were cleaning up after 2 days but I saw someone that let their hydro temps get to 80 so I didn't change the temp for a day and the color on the roots are coming back, so I'm going to keep up with the constant temp changing because I think your right
I've seen nice roots in 90* water. Long as there is a ton of airflow and hg you should be ok.

A

Ameadows92

I have an active aqua and a whisper 100 (the whisper 100 sucks, or at least mine does) and I'm using the 1$ blue long trapezoid shaped one, I will diff buy a whole gal instead of 8 oz of hydroguard now that I know but my pump is prob. Definitely an issue as well, what kind of stones do you use?
I use Fl+ on almost everygrow. You def have a root problem. I dont use a chiller just hydroguard. Shit works like a charm. Ppm seems ok. And what are you using for air pump/stone?
aqua

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I have an active aqua and a whisper 100 (the whisper 100 sucks, or at least mine does) and I'm using the 1$ blue long trapezoid shaped one, I will diff buy a whole gal instead of 8 oz of hydroguard now that I know but my pump is prob. Definitely an issue as well, what kind of stones do you use?

aqua
Stones are interchangeable imo. But I over kill on airflow. My personal rule of thumb is 500gph per bucket minimum. The more the better. I've had over 1000gph per bucket and Prob the best roots I've had. Here's a couple pics I dug up earlier. Last two were in 10gal buckets.
Received 1224877980869766
Received 10205368022555141
Received 1194196540604577
Received 1194196610604570

Top Bottom