Can someone take a look at my trichs and help me out?

• Thread starter sevare
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sevare

sevare

Hi so this gal has been in flower for roughly around 6 weeks. It’s my first autoflower and I was looking at the trichs and they look cloudy with some amber in as you can see in one of the photos. But the plant looks like It still has some growing with all the pistils I’m seeing but my plant is also sick so I don’t know if I should harvest or not. Don’t want the trichomes to all fall off by waiting too long to harvest.

15177C7E 4463 4F47 90C7 E5E5CA364A6C
BB80FB05 886C 4342 92D7 B10BCAA3BDAD
C0E0B4D1 222E 4C18 AAE4 0152CC8467DA
6D409BD8 4355 4265 A830 8D5EE9A2610B
DC50AC18 7346 4282 A78B B2B269A0F099
E455DD33 3B82 462F 9CFB E2F8D69182A9
4598A051 E5B0 4278 877F DF64F6DFFEFA
243E3679 83E1 47DE BE80 536DD0F95881
BCEF4CD7 54FA 4A08 BF1E 2ED793F6ED0B
A12E9782 6601 49D6 BCF9 B7FDD06D5FEE
AKgrow

AKgrow

The trichomes on the sugar leaves will amber early, you want to be looking deep into the buds for amber trichs. The plant does not look done, let's work on trying to get it back on track. What are you feeding it?

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Don't harvest yet. Aside from the Trichomes not showing signs of maturity, your pistils are still white and plump as if they are still growing too. These will wither and change color significantly when the plant is getting closer to harvest maturity.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The structures in the last two pics are calyxes. The trichs on the calyxes are what's important.

Autos may mature faster, but I'd guess at least another two weeks if this were a photo.

Ponky

Ponky

It's in the window. You could wait. Personal preference. I'd say 3 days.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hi so this gal has been in flower for roughly around 6 weeks. It’s my first autoflower and I was looking at the trichs and they look cloudy with some amber in as you can see in one of the photos. But the plant looks like It still has some growing with all the pistils I’m seeing but my plant is also sick so I don’t know if I should harvest or not. Don’t want the trichomes to all fall off by waiting too long to harvest.
That's bad. You better cut it down and get rid of it quick. I tell you what. Send it to me. I'll fix it for you. 🤣

Really though, I have things to do and any level of amber adds couch lock. I really dislike couchlock unless I can't sleep. Anything past milky is too far for me.
I would cut it when it's as milky as possible and still as little amber as possible.

Everyone says cut with this much amber, or that much. Screw all that. Try different amounts yourself and find what works for you. Take one now and compare it to one you take later.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

i thought when trichs were cloudy they had the most thc in them they all cloudy to me
Very true, but different strains will stay cloudy longer as they fill out. You have to check you trichs daily. 2x daily in the last week. They change really fast in the last day or two.

sevare

sevare

That's bad. You better cut it down and get rid of it quick. I tell you what. Send it to me. I'll fix it for you. 🤣

Really though, I have things to do and any level of amber adds couch lock. I really dislike couchlock unless I can't sleep. Anything past milky is too far for me.
I would cut it when it's as milky as possible and still as little amber as possible.

Everyone says cut with this much amber, or that much. Screw all that. Try different amounts yourself and find what works for you.
MAN you had me in the first half! Your a real clown man haha 😂 . I was reading a couple posts above and a couple of them say that it looks like they need to swell still. Do you share a similar opinion looking at the photo of the full plant? Because to me before I posted I thought I should chop since they looked cloudy to me but when I was reading the other posts I felt like I agree that it looks a bit skinny like maybe it should fatten up a bit more

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

70/30 cloudy to amber ratio is a great place to aim for. This is the ratio from oregon hippies and they say it helps with taste and smell. All cloudy is higher thc but personally i think its not just about thc, the other compounds in the plant contribute to the over all quality and as WEIRDO ASS HUMAN BEINGS, we seem to think we know better than nature...theres a high thc craze going on bc ppl want money and they emphasize thc thc thc....what about the other stuff? Welp that other stuff works in combo with the thc to produce the effects we want as cannibus lovers.....my suggestion is the oregon hippie ratio 70/30 cloudy to amber

sevare

sevare

Everyone says cut with this much amber, or that much. Screw all that. Try different amounts yourself and find what works for you. Take one now and compare it to one you take later.
Can you or anyone in here give me an opinion on my situation with drying? My auto is almost done and I still need the tent for the rest of my photo plants to finish veg and flower. So I bought a cardboard wardrobe thing at Home Depot’s . Was wondering if I can use that? If I do do I add a clip fan and a humidifier/ ldehumidinfer inside of it? While I let the plant hang? Or what can I do to help improve my dry inside the wardrobe.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

MAN you had me in the first half! Your a real clown man haha 😂 . I was reading a couple posts above and a couple of them say that it looks like they need to swell still. Do you share a similar opinion looking at the photo of the full plant? Because to me before I posted I thought I should chop since they looked cloudy to me but when I was reading the other posts I felt like I agree that it looks a bit skinny like maybe it should fatten up a bit more
I would take one branch off, dry it and try it. Keep notes on how much amber it has when you take it. By doing this, you will know in the future just what you need and like.

growsince79

growsince79

70/30 cloudy to amber ratio is a great place to aim for. This is the ratio from oregon hippies and they say it helps with taste and smell. All cloudy is higher thc but personally i think its not just about thc, the other compounds in the plant contribute to the over all quality and as WEIRDO ASS HUMAN BEINGS, we seem to think we know better than nature...theres a high thc craze going on bc ppl want money and they emphasize thc thc thc....what about the other stuff? Welp that other stuff works in combo with the thc to produce the effects we want as cannibus lovers.....my suggestion is the oregon hippie ratio 70/30 cloudy to amber
Old Oregon hippie here. The secret is harvest when the buds are ripe. Some strains are already 30% amber when ripe. IMO that's from poor genetics. With the right genetics, I don't see amber until the bud is ripe. If I wait for 30% amber on these strains, the buds are overripe garbage.

sevare

sevare

Old Oregon hippie here. The secret is harvest when the buds are ripe. Some strains are already 30% amber when ripe. IMO that's from poor genetics. With the right genetics, I don't see amber until the bud is ripe. If I wait for 30% amber on these strains, the buds are overripe garbage.
Hi have you ever used a box to dry a plant before? I got a wardrobe one from Home Depot. Do I put a humidifier and dehumidifier with a controller and clip fan inside the box?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hi have you ever used a box to dry a plant before? I got a wardrobe one from Home Depot. Do I put a humidifier and dehumidifier with a controller and clip fan inside the box?
You can, just make sure to check it at least daily. The De-huey will dry it out in there really fast.

sevare

sevare

It's in the window. You could wait. Personal preference. I'd say 3 days.
Hey man I seen that your online! Hoping I could barrow your brain for a second! So I still haven’t harvest my plant. you think it still has room to grow? Or should I just pull the trigger and chop it down. This is how it looks as of right now.

A3280F3E F76E 451B 8FF0 76240F12DF36
B9BC7A95 4AD9 4A14 A5D3 6BB547184397
848C4C27 F1E1 4934 8140 3BCEBB0BF42B
48946259 5382 4656 8B5B EE9D3BDA7930
4AAD1444 6B58 4342 A0CB BC0F7E2D7A29
67251036 96DC 443B A81B 4E4D4646DDE5
779F74EA 5416 4CA9 8CD2 8C72315E8D22
2AFEEB48 B902 43D7 BFDF 052E4C2639A8
Ponky

Ponky

Hey man I seen that your online! Hoping I could barrow your brain for a second! So I still haven’t harvest my plant. you think it still has room to grow? Or should I just pull the trigger and chop it down. This is how it looks as of right now.
Well it's weird. The close up photos look like nice milky trichomes in the early window. But the plants don't look done from a total plant shot. The leaves look like there might be an issue. So if they start to turn brown and die off you have to harvest before the die off reaches the buds. They don't look ready yet. The close ups might be deceiving.

sevare

sevare

Well it's weird. The close up photos look like nice milky trichomes in the early window. But the plants don't look done from a total plant shot. The leaves look like there might be an issue. So if they start to turn brown and die off you have to harvest before the die off reaches the buds. They don't look ready yet. The close ups might be deceiving.
Yeah it had something going on with it where the leaves were dying. The tips the leaves that looked affected are brittle and will crumble if I squish them . But I think i stopped the issue that was causing it since I haven’t noticed any new leaves affected

Latest posts

Top Bottom