Can someone take a look at this...

• Thread starter calibrian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

calibrian

a couple of my clones leaves are kinda super arched like in the picture attached to this message. Is this normal, or a problem? and if a problem, what can I do to fix it?:character0029:

Can someone take a look at this

420king-MASSES

Move it to the outside footprint of ur light/it could be to many lumens for it if it fixes itself within 2-3 days after the move youve solved the problem or it could be that the stem of the leaf is not strong enough to hold the leaf up you choose lol

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Def a prob. looks like it needs nutes purple stem, or its locked out. need more info probly will fix itself.

C

calibrian

Def a prob. looks like it needs nutes purple stem, or its locked out. need more info probly will fix itself.

excuse my ignorance, it's my first grow. whats purple stem? is there something directly contributing to the problem? My thoughts were the heat or lack of humidity. the temp has been running a little high around 80 average and I cant seem to get the humidity past the 30 to 50% range

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

U see how the stem is really purple and then at the top its starting to green again. In my experience this is from the cloning process. The plant no longer has a root system so technically its slowly dying until it pops new roots and can feed itself again. These def. can be componded by lots of things low humidity, high heat, to long in cloner with no feed or feed to much to soon and cause minor lockout. I have found with some strains a light foliar feeding of nitrozime makes a world of difference.Oh yeah 2 much light will do it to. I keep my cloner off to the side of my t5 till they root usually 5-6days.

C

calibrian

U see how the stem is really purple and then at the top its starting to green again. In my experience this is from the cloning process. The plant no longer has a root system so technically its slowly dying until it pops new roots and can feed itself again. These def. can be componded by lots of things low humidity, high heat, to long in cloner with no feed or feed to much to soon and cause minor lockout. I have found with some strains a light foliar feeding of nitrozime makes a world of difference.

the roots are great. I actually had to upgrade the pot yesterday because the roots were growing too fast for the dixie cup. I guess I shouldn't call them clones anymore. I bought them a week ago but their roots are huge already. I'm waiting for the others to catch up so I can put them all in 3 gal pots.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I guess what Im sayin is it could be a def. from cloning that hasnt worked itself out yet. I foliar the clones that yellow or stems purple from cloning and they come back faster.

B

BigCountry

Are the lights on 24 hours? What is the dark cycle temp?
I second the foliar feeding with Nitrozyme as well...

C

calibrian

If u have any ?s feel free to ask. Ill try to help.

I just saw this today. what do you make of this? it's kinda hard to see, some of the leaves are getting crusty and others have yellow spots. natural wilting or do I have a problem?

2011 01 14 174917
2011 01 14 174935
2011 01 14 174952
JPLord01

JPLord01

What is your PH? Your ppms are what that you are feeding them? How much are you watering them? Add5mils of calmag to your feed PH at 5.8 to 6.0 it look like they need more food and the PH is off. I would give them a good flush and start giving a feed of about 450 to 500 ppm and see how they do.

B

bastard_x

Its normal for a few leaves to yellow and eventually die . When the clone is concentrating its power on making roots it cant support the bigger outter leaves so it will sacrifice them to keep the smaller inner leaves alive. thats why when you get a cut from the club it usually only has a couple small green leaves on it, they trim off the yellowing ones to create a more healthy appearance.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Could be cool temps as well
You two are almost there! Cool temps plus RH out of good range for best VPD (vapor pressure deficit) = downard curved leaves that are *not* drooping from over/underwatering. Classic.
I just saw this today. what do you make of this? it's kinda hard to see, some of the leaves are getting crusty and others have yellow spots. natural wilting or do I have a problem?
The purpling/reddish stems were your first sign of a phosphorous deficiency (or, uptake problem, if feed pH is out of range, then...). Now the leaf tips have become necrotic, further announcing a phosphorous deficiency.

Yellowing ONLY from the bottom up says that they are eating and NEED MORE BRAINS. I mean nitrogen.

Young padawan, you have much reading to do and much information to provide.

B

BoCo Buds

they look waterlogged to me.

No way... that looks like coir... that has gone dry.

Shouldn't forward this w/o more info... but my guess would be the pH dropped in the medium after drying out, or was never balanced to start.

With SM's read on P... likely lockout.

What's the runoff pH???

lazarus718

lazarus718

No way... that looks like coir... that has gone dry.

Shouldn't forward this w/o more info... but my guess would be the pH dropped in the medium after drying out, or was never balanced to start.

With SM's read on P... likely lockout.

What's the runoff pH???

Looks like coir to me also bro...did you soak that shit before you used it???

C

calibrian

thanks for the help everybody!

Thanks for the advice every one. I'm glad to say that near all signs of deficiencies have gone away and all plants are growing fantastically. thanks again everyone.

:harvest:

IMG_20110208_190357.jpg

Top Bottom