Can someone tell me what these worms are

• Thread starter geralds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
geralds

geralds

So I’ve been noticing some odd issues with quite a few new shutes and leaves. My environment is pretty good and I’m feeding everyday.

I’m in dtw setup using canna coco.
The other day I decided to pull and plant out and inspect the roots for pests with a 100x micro scope. And what I noticed were these very very tiny translucent worms wiggling on my roots. Other than that I didn’t see anything else. I took a video with the scope so I’ll attach that. Anyone know what these are and if I should do anything about it? Could these be nematodes and are there such things as destructive nematodes?

Can someone tell me what these worms are
Can someone tell me what these worms are 2
Can someone tell me what these worms are 3
Can someone tell me what these worms are 4
Can someone tell me what these worms are 5
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is an excellent article on root aphids and shows the differences with fungus gnats.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is an excellent article on root aphids and shows the differences with fungus gnats.

Great link thanks!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I am pretty sure you have the same
Thing going on that I do. Russet mites. I have the same damage on leaves and under at 40x microscope I was able to see larva, mites, and droppings. With the naked eye, nothing. Hope you don’t have that issue but keep it in mind. @DreamsOfDiesel and @Dirtbag brought it to my attention yesterday.
Burnz

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sounds like you've got larva of some sort, possibly FG. Do you notice any fliers? If you put up yellow sticky cards you should be able to catch some for ID.

But I dont think that leaf damage is from fungus gnat larvae or root aphids. I'd get the strongest microscope you can and take a good look on the bottom of the leaves.

Top Bottom