Can the waters PH cause this?

• Thread starter Dtraderbudz23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Back to the OP watering practices and light intensity are 2 things id be looking at

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

While I do agree that dolomite especially is a great product to keep in your tool kit, unfortunately it does takes a while to activate. The courser the chunks, the longer it takes ... Roots Organic "Elemental" is primarily dolomite, finely ground.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In this tine frame everything should be activated and working if watering practices have been proper. Usually a week or 2 fir the activation of buffering to be in full swing

D

Dtraderbudz23

Back to the OP watering practices and light intensity are 2 things id be looking at
I keep the light strength around 500-600 PPD at all times. I water when my moisture meter gets down to roughly 3 which is almost too dry. I mist the top soil every other day with a small amount of water to keep the top soil moist. Also I found the article I originally read about blackstrap molasses feeding and why I do it. https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-molasses-an-excellent-supplement-for-cannabis-plants-n1148

D

Dtraderbudz23

Thanks for all the replies. So many posts. To reiterate my plants were 100% FINE until I started lowering the PH of my RO water from 9-10 to 6.5 with lemon juice. Since I made that adjustment my plants have become sick. My soil is pro mix organic veg & herb. It has dolomite lime supplemented, I grinded 2 cups fine and 2 cups left alone. IT also has bone and blood meal, muriate of potash, kelp meal. I think thats everything. I actually went off a organic soil mix I found on this website that seemed to be popular.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I keep the light strength around 500-600 PPD at all times. I water when my moisture meter gets down to roughly 3 which is almost too dry. I mist the top soil every other day with a small amount of water to keep the top soil moist. Also I found the article I originally read about blackstrap molasses feeding and why I do it. https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-molasses-an-excellent-supplement-for-cannabis-plants-n1148
Yeah I understand why ppl use it but their are issues created by using it too. Honestly dont add it to you nutrients or water for that matter. The bioavailability is absolutely shit.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oush your probe to the bottom then pull it up 2 inches. Orob placement is key…. I think you are chronically underwatering

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

Ph means nothing in RO absolutely nothing. The lack of minerals however does.

Dont fall for the bullshit you hear about using lemon juice or vinegar etc. you DO NOT NEED to PH your water for living soil… your soil will adjust the PH of the water.
Best advice I heard yet I was reading about upping and downing ph level water kits so glad I read on my soil that it unjust it I was having problems with that till I switched soils, I just feed good nutrients I'm so glad I came across this! I was thinking about buying the up and down kit glad I didn't!

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

Look at this disaster. I pulled all the leafs from my plants that have different illnesses. The canopy picture is after I clipped all the diseased leaves so don't let that picture fool you.
I read if you get the lemon juice on the leaves it's a natural weed killer so isn't marajauna related to weeds in some way it could be acting as a weed killer to your marijuana plants! I did read the acid acts as rain but if it any way gets on the leaves it could potentially kill it!

Top Bottom