can this be caused from high humidity?

• Thread starter teejacks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
teejacks

teejacks

Hello all! It has been a while since I have been on here as the outdoor season ended a while ago but I am venturing into my first indoor grow now. I have four plants going that are in there second week of growth. Very little balance of dry amendments added to soil. Promix organic potting soil and another soil high in peat. Feeding with water ph at 7 to balance the higher peat matter. Initially I had a humidifier in the tent set to 65%AH later to find out that AH is different then RH and my stand alone humidistat was reading an RH of 75-85% which is rather high. I now have lowered the humidifier to keep a RH of 55% with better air flow. The one plant pictured is an OG KUSH CBD strain I am trying out. It looks exactly like rust does. So am I on the right track? Keeping the humidity lower and only feed water and it should recover? or should i add a foliar spray to rid of the fungus?

Can this be caused from high humidity

Can this be caused from high humidity 2

Can this be caused from high humidity 3

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The new growth looks good, while the spots on the lower leaves could be simply from sweating due to high Rh, or perhaps something was spilled on it at some point. I wouldn't worry as the plants look healthy. If you see additional issues on newer leaves, then you might want to look at it more closely, but I think you will be fine once the plants get growing. I recommend using Promix HP, since it has no included nutrients other than buffers (to counter the peat's natural acidity). I shy away from any fortified soils, mostly because I've never used them and see a lot of problems with overfeeding on the forum when added nutes are included. I've used Promix for decades and have great results with it... I prefer it because it works well with my style of growing, which uses a lot less nutes than most and only feed every 12 days or as needed. This goes against a lot of common practices nowadays, but has always worked well for me. Daily watering s aren't a problem as the HP drains very well and makes overwatering almost impossible.

Dan789

Dan789

I think it’s like @Jimster suggested, looks good now, thanks for posting a normal light photo btw...

teejacks

teejacks

The new growth looks good, while the spots on the lower leaves could be simply from sweating due to high Rh, or perhaps something was spilled on it at some point. I wouldn't worry as the plants look healthy. If you see additional issues on newer leaves, then you might want to look at it more closely, but I think you will be fine once the plants get growing. I recommend using Promix HP, since it has no included nutrients other than buffers (to counter the peat's natural acidity). I shy away from any fortified soils, mostly because I've never used them and see a lot of problems with overfeeding on the forum when added nutes are included. I've used Promix for decades and have great results with it... I prefer it because it works well with my style of growing, which uses a lot less nutes than most and only feed every 12 days or as needed. This goes against a lot of common practices nowadays, but has always worked well for me. Daily watering s aren't a problem as the HP drains very well and makes overwatering almost impossible.

thanks for your input. i had an idea of what was happening but having another mind to back me up is always appreciated. the humidity i think was the culprit but the three other strains (all different) are all green with no problems. ill continue to monitor thanks guy!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello all! It has been a while since I have been on here as the outdoor season ended a while ago but I am venturing into my first indoor grow now. I have four plants going that are in there second week of growth. Very little balance of dry amendments added to soil. Promix organic potting soil and another soil high in peat. Feeding with water ph at 7 to balance the higher peat matter. Initially I had a humidifier in the tent set to 65%AH later to find out that AH is different then RH and my stand alone humidistat was reading an RH of 75-85% which is rather high. I now have lowered the humidifier to keep a RH of 55% with better air flow. The one plant pictured is an OG KUSH CBD strain I am trying out. It looks exactly like rust does. So am I on the right track? Keeping the humidity lower and only feed water and it should recover? or should i add a foliar spray to rid of the fungus?

View attachment 929276

View attachment 929277

View attachment 929278
I don't think that's fungus. Sounds like your pH is too high, I would do a slurry test to find out what I'm actually working with before I made any adjustments

Latest posts

Top Bottom