Can This Girl Be Saved?

• Thread starter Zakattack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zakattack

Zakattack

hi guys. i was away for a while and had someone looking after my room for me. i think the humidity built up a lil and the plants were growing into each other and had this really intense powdery substance start growing on the leaves. was thought to be dust or thc crystals at first but once it got to the point it's at now i realized it was no dust.

i took drastic action spraying the leaves with water and wiping it dry with a paper towel. i then proceeded to make a diluted apple cider vinegar and water mix(5ml:1l) and sprayed that on the affected areas(which was close to everywhere) . i've left that overnite and when i went to water them now the leaves looked slightly droopy.

i'm gona look at them again later to see if they get a bit of life back into them . really holding thumbs they pull through.

In anyone of your experiences have you guys managed to save a plant that had a bad white mildew infestation ?? and what did you do that worked for you? i'm buying 2more smaller fans and relocating the one big fan to the roof of the room pointing downwards. this should address the "dead spaces" in the room which i believe to be the main cause of it.

Thanks y'all! wish me luck

Can this girl be saved
Can this girl be saved 2
Can this girl be saved 3
Can this girl be saved 4
Can this girl be saved 5
Zakattack

Zakattack

i'll be taking the plants out once more when i install the new fans and relocate the other, will get a few more pictures of what they look like after cleaning most (98%) of the leaves .

Dan789

Dan789

Appreciate the info HB on the "Green Cure" but I still aren't convinced that smoking any bud exposed to PM is anything we need in our lungs, in that our lungs are that same hot, damp and dark interior, that these plants have been in where (the PM) has been thriving. I agree that this situation seems a fairly light infestation, but just sayin, that's why many of us grow is to know what's in the bud we're smoking.
If it was my grow the only thing I'd be putting to that crop is a torch, with all in a burn barrel, and upwind with an appropriate niosh respirator w/ min p100 filters.

IMG 0630
Zakattack

Zakattack

Appreciate the info HB on the "Green Cure" but I still aren't convinced that smoking any bud exposed to PM is anything we need in our lungs, in that our lungs are that same hot, damp and dark interior, that these plants have been in where (the PM) has been thriving. I agree that this situation seems a fairly light infestation, but just sayin, that's why many of us grow is to know what's in the bud we're smoking.
If it was my grow the only thing I'd be putting to that crop is a torch, with all in a burn barrel, and upwind with an appropriate niosh respirator w/ min p100 filters.
hi @Dan789 . it's my first grow and the last thing i wana do is torch her. is there any natural or organic safe way to get rid of it? i managed to find a pesticide that states it will address the white mildew but i'm a bit reluctant to put anything on the plant that i'm not willing to put in my lungs.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Pm, doesn't really look like it. Scope the underside of those spotted leaves. Looks like spider mites to me. Even a 60x scope, ypu can clearly see mites, at least in my case I was able to

Tat2420

Tat2420

I have seen ads on social media about a UV light that destroys PM.
However, I know nothing about the product whatsoever.
Just thought it may be worth researching if your dead set on keeping the plant.

Tat2420

Tat2420

Were the plants being foliar feed?

Any chance it could be hard water or something?

Zakattack

Zakattack

Were the plants being foliar feed?

Any chance it could be hard water or something?
Hi @Tat2420 I haven't ever foliar fed. Managed to get a non toxic fungicide so gona give That a go next, if it fails I guess I'll be starting over from scratch then.. Just Wiser then the last time :)

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
That is a very bad infestation of PM

You need to kill those plants, bleach down your room otherwise the pm spores will live and you will have the same problems with your next grow :badboy:

Zakattack

Zakattack

That is a very bad infestation of PM

You need to kill those plants, bleach down your room otherwise the pm spores will live and you will have the same problems with your next grow :badboy:
The very words I was dreading to hear..

Issack

Issack

Pm, doesn't really look like it. Scope the underside of those spotted leaves. Looks like spider mites to me. Even a 60x scope, ypu can clearly see mites, at least in my case I was able to
I agree. Looks like you have major spider mites as well. Look under your leaves and bump one of those little dots with your fingernail. If it starts moving then you have them. PM is pretty easy to deal with. U can spray weteble sulfer a few times during veg and it gets systemic in the plant and PM won't show up during flower. It works for me.
Og biowar is now my new best friend. Keep up a good regimen with that and you will never have an issue with mold or mites .

eyeball

eyeball

Look up zerotol or oxidate. Can be used up to harvest and will kill the spores.

eyeball

eyeball

I would also consider lollipoping the shit out of it to make it more manageable.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The very words I was dreading to hear..
Logic is correct for sure. Looks like PM from here. I have had some success with whole milk and water. Foliar application. Go 2;1 ratio 1 part milk and 2 part water. Spray 2 x daily for 3 days. Be sure it's at lights out. Hit all branches and underside of leaves, I even spray the soil a tad. You should see some results with in days. Make sure it is whole milk......... If that doesn't work you will like others have said torch the yield and nuke your room and all your gear..................

At the very least at least let your peeps know it had PM, so they can make an informed decision whether to toke it or not.......

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Milk, it does a body good and kills pm. Can't go wrong with that. Don't use that fake ass milk either. You know, the lactose free, almond milk types. Iirc, needs to be real milk from an udder.

Mooooooooooo

Lol

Top Bottom