Can U Fly Outta Seatac With Weed?

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Why are so many people who have probably never even been to Seatac fielding this question? Misinformation really pisses me off. If you don't know the answer to something and you speculate, you're a fucking idiot, and you're doing a disservice to the community.

The correct answer is YES! ABSOLUTELY! You can put a bag of weed in the tray that has your computer and keys in it and the TSA agents wont even say anything at Seatac. Me and everybody I know has flown out of Seatac with weed and never even been question. There are youtube videos showing people going through TSA checkpoint at Seatac. Last month I went to Hawaii with an oz of weed in my luggage, got a note left inside my luggage that TSA had inspected it, and my bag of weed was right there in the open where I left it.

Now you know.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

The answers NO... Federal Government owns the airspace above your head ( 500+ feet above ) OR so... Give or take..

But the answers no its illegal to fly from 1 state to another regardless of the state laws in each state... Your still in federal airspace which makes the possession illegal.

LOL just, stop. Call your sister next time you want to hear yourself talk.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
LOL I posted a news article quoting actual TSA agents and there policy's

Call your mom next time you wanna bitch about something so trivial she cares i promise you :D

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Another article a little old but still very much valid.. and reiterates my point about federal skys and landing with your pot..

Answered: Is marijuana allowed in Sea-Tac Airport?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Sure, but where in hell are you going to go with it?

Basically, since Sea-Tac is owned and run by the Port of Seattle and not federal property, Washington’s marijuana laws under I-502 apply there. So, it’s legal for adults 21 and over to have up to an ounce on their person. And all the other rules apply, too: No displaying or using in public, no selling or handing out, etc., said Perry Cooper, a spokesman with the Port of Seattle for Sea-Tac Airport.

The situation is different in Colorado, where several airports have banned marijuana, because the law there, established under Amendment 64, allows local jurisdictions to ban it. As the Denver Post writes: The law specifically allows any entity “who occupies, owns or controls a property” to set its own marijuana rules at that property.

Airports around Denver have set up “amnesty boxes” for people to drop their baggies. The airports didn’t want marijuana filling up their open garbage cans.

What about those pesky TSA dudes?

Cooper explained that while the men and women of the Transportation Security Administration are federal employees, they have no law enforcement authority and can only report problems to Port of Seattle police.

“If they want to report something at a checkpoint, they give us a call and we check out the situation,” he said. If Port officers “determine a violation of law, they can make an arrest or confiscate items, but in each situation the officer has the discretion to make an arrest based on totality of circumstances.”

That “totality” involves, say, violent outbursts or large amounts of cash or more than an ounce of pot … you know, extenuating circumstances that would make the marijuana itself pretty much a moot point.

And here’s the TSA’s stance on the deal, as emailed to us by a TSA spokesperson:

TSA’s focus is on terrorism and security threats to the aircraft and its passengers.

TSA’s screening procedures, which are governed by federal law, are focused on security and are designed to detect potential threats to aviation and passengers. As has always been the case, if during the security screening procedures an officer discovers an item that may violate the law, TSA refers the matter to law enforcement. Law enforcement officials will determine whether to initiate a criminal investigation.

Since simple possession is not a crime in Washington, the Port’s police cannot request that you be charged with it. And that would go for any other public transportation facility owned by a Washington city, county or the state itself.

But don’t go onto federal lands with it, such as Mount Rainier National Park, because park rangers can throw the federal book at you.

But would you want to fly out with it?

Cooper reminds people that just because you could get on a plane in Seattle with marijuana in your pocket, you have to get off somewhere. If you land pretty much anywhere outside of Washington (remember, marijuana is forbidden in Colorado airports), you run the risk of arrest, just like in the old days here.

What about getting on an Amtrak train?

“Despite the new state laws in both Colorado and Washington, marijuana use and possession, including medical marijuana, is still and will remain, prohibited for Amtrak passengers and employees,” said Vernae Graham with Amtrak Corporate Communications.

So that’s that.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
And i have been to Seatac before :D twice, in and twice out...

One place i don't suggest trying to smuggle out of would be Orlando International... Body scanners! Everyone in line got one that day..

Anyway, I personally don't care if anyone wants to take the risk and fly with weed, Im simply looking out for members with a little more common sense :D

Muckman420

Muckman420

i was always under the impression its very risky, federal trafficing charges and what not. i have done it, i didnt know if id be good or not used smelly proof bags masterkush was still stankin me up medi sheet cake worth 400 bucks and no one had a fuckin clue. always be ready to assume responsability for ones actions and dont get upset if it worked once and doesnt the next

Effendi

Effendi

shut down!! go dabbie!:cool:

lol. actually not. Bill is correct, lives here, fly's through Sea-tac and has experienced first hand the reality of what really happens. Little Dabbie has admitted to flying through Sea-Tac a couple of times and bases their position on what they read elsewhere, not first hand experience.

Like Bill, I live here and have flown through Sea-Tac dozens of times in recent years with product.

You can feel and think that Little Dabbie "Shut down" Bill, but they are just speculating while Bill speaks with actual experience.

If you consider speaking with false authority and being incorrect "Shutting someone down" then by all means...go you.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
As i said TWICE now i quoted TSA's Policy and Federal law... Just cause a few people got away with it does not make it LEGAL ...

Nor does it mean the next guy in lines going to get away with it either...

I could jump off a bridge and survive that don't mean the next lemming in line is going to make it...

Cooper reminds people that just because you could get on a plane in Seattle with marijuana in your pocket, you have to get off somewhere. If you land pretty much anywhere outside of Washington (remember, marijuana is forbidden in Colorado airports), you run the risk of arrest, just like in the old days here.

Point made for the 3rd time now.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You will have to forgive me if i don't run around the forum suggestion people tape ounces to there legs and fly around the us :D

end of the day its your call Ive posted what i know, You can take anecdotal evidence all you want. Its your freedom :D

Y

YourWeedSux

LittleD, if you look at the title for this thread, It asks, "Can you fly out of Seatac with weed?" That is the question Bill answered. The answer to the OP's question is definitively, yes.

You answered a different question than the one that was asked. If the OP asked, "What are TSA and/or Federal policies regarding flying with weed?" You would be correct. That was not the question. Bill and Effendi are correct.

Y

YourWeedSux

lol. actually not. Bill is correct, lives here, fly's through Sea-tac and has experienced first hand the reality of what really happens. Little Dabbie has admitted to flying through Sea-Tac a couple of times and bases their position on what they read elsewhere, not first hand experience.

Like Bill, I live here and have flown through Sea-Tac dozens of times in recent years with product.

You can feel and think that Little Dabbie "Shut down" Bill, but they are just speculating while Bill speaks with actual experience.

If you consider speaking with false authority and being incorrect "Shutting someone down" then by all means...go you.
Just made your avatar. Regardless of the true state of the world, I found it very interesting you chose to back up Bill, after recent local events. Keep your enemies closer?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A pissing contest about who's flown out of where with what and therefore can speak about it? REALLY?

If I flew out of Ronald Reagan with weed, then I bet anyone can fly out of Sea-Tac with weed. For Christ's sakes.

Effendi

Effendi

Just made your avatar. Regardless of the true state of the world, I found it very interesting you chose to back up Bill, after recent local events. Keep your enemies closer?

lol....even a broken clock is right twice a day.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Guys just remember it's always better to be comaught with the green then without!:D

fractal

fractal

As i said TWICE now i quoted TSA's Policy and Federal law... Just cause a few people got away with it does not make it LEGAL ...

Nor does it mean the next guy in lines going to get away with it either...

I could jump off a bridge and survive that don't mean the next lemming in line is going to make it...

Point made for the 3rd time now.
I remember reading once that it is not worth their time to call ahead at your destination and rat you out just for MMJ. Their only authority is in Washington state, and especially going to cali I heartily doubt anyone would be calling your arrival airport to tell on you.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I remember reading once that it is not worth their time to call ahead at your destination and rat you out just for MMJ. Their only authority is in Washington state, and especially going to cali I heartily doubt anyone would be calling your arrival airport to tell on you.

Fly away :D

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So far, the worst TSA agents I've run across are in San Francisco and El Paso. But the reason for them looking extra hard at me wasn't for having weed on me, it's for my appearance. ;)

The TSA at Sact'o told me straight up, they're not drug agents, they're concerned with making sure that people can fly safely. Granted, it really seems like TSA at different airports operate differently, but I believe they all have the same dictates. Going from med state to med state they're really not interested.

Last time I was at Ontario, they had fucking dogs.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

On a separate note I picked up a little souvenir bag of fake "blue sky" (the meth in breaking bad) in ABQ and flew back to Seatac from Phoenix with it carry on. They stopped me to pull a bottle of water out of my bag (forgot it was there) and let me go.
There was still another bottle of water in bag as well as a little paring knife I also forgot about that they missed. I also accidentally flew from seatac to honolulu and later honolulu to hilo with a razor blade in my wallet. They finally found it on my way back to honolulu. Bottom line, do they care? Probably not. Would they find it (without a dog) if they did care? Probably not. Do I dare chance it? For now, hell no.

Y

YourWeedSux

Do I dare chance it? For now, hell no.
It's not taking a chance because there is no risk. Like he said, you can put your weed through the xray machine (there are videos on youtube of people doing just that). 1 oz or less = Legal in WA state. Hell you could probably ask the TSA agent to hold it for you while you take off your shoes and be cool. Stop trippin. Razors in your wallet? Now that is fucking stupid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom