Can U Have Too Much O2 In Dwc

• Thread starter GnomeGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GnomeGrower

GnomeGrower

Hello.... I was wondering if any one has heard of bubbling your stones with o2 from a compressed cylinder? Would it increase yields if the nutriant solution was was more o2 saturated? Can you actually super saturate your nutes?

V

vek11

Hello.... I was wondering if any one has heard of bubbling your stones with o2 from a compressed cylinder? Would it increase yields if the nutriant solution was was more o2 saturated? Can you actually super saturate your nutes?
You can't have enough bubbles just so that they aren't so strong as to disrupt or stress the roots...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Adding pure O2 like that, I bet you can, but not the nutrients, you'd supersaturate the water column.

I personally would be very careful of actually adding O2, I think it can possibly cause oxidation of nutrients, and with fish at least, I know you can burn their gills if the O2 levels are too high. That said, it does take some work to get it high enough to burn. If your water column is moving well and has lots and lots of turbulence, it will be able to offgass excess O2 well enough/safely enough. But then I'd be left wondering, why add the O2?

Also, if you plan on doing this, I suggest making sure you can actually test dissolved O2 levels. IIRC, for fresh water in the 70*F range an O2 level of around 7-8ppm is considered very well saturated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom