Can u leave week or 2 longer if your not happy

• Thread starter Patrickf92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Patrickf92

Patrickf92

I’m on 5 weeks 5 days of flower and have a lot of voids buds ain’t fattened out as nice as previous crops but I using shogun fertiliser and my first time doing ph was doing ph 6.5 but I’m using special mix soil also a friend told me to ph 5.5 so I’ve give it a try as I’ve got week and 2 days left of b&b&pk and then Ripen & boost though the 8th week and water flush the 9th but buds ain’t looking chunky with a lot of voids but was wondering could I leave extra week or 2 flowering if I wanted to try maximise what’s there ??

RR1

RR1

I’m on 5 weeks 5 days of flower and have a lot of voids buds ain’t fattened out as nice as previous crops but I using shogun fertiliser and my first time doing ph was doing ph 6.5 but I’m using special mix soil also a friend told me to ph 5.5 so I’ve give it a try as I’ve got week and 2 days left of b&b&pk and then Ripen & boost though the 8th week and water flush the 9th but buds ain’t looking chunky with a lot of voids but was wondering could I leave extra week or 2 flowering if I wanted to try maximise what’s there ??
You could try, but the plants will descend into senescence, and the resins will start to deteriorate. A week won't hurt, but they'll stop putting on weight past a certain point. You might not get a great harvest this time. I would take them when they are at their best, and try not to worry about the weight. Just take what you've learned and do a better job next time.
RR1

Patrickf92

Patrickf92

You could try, but the plants will descend into senescence, and the resins will start to deteriorate. A week won't hurt, but they'll stop putting on weight past a certain point. You might not get a great harvest this time. I would take them when they are at their best, and try not to worry about the weight. Just take what you've learned and do a better job next time.
RR1
Cheers brother 🤙

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Use your trichomes as a guide for when to harvest. Sometimes, there has been something that caused a slight delay in the maturation process and your plants may be a week or so behind the normal harvest window. If I'm not seeing the proper trichome color ratio, I'll let the plant keep going. Usually you don't wind up with excessive additional weight, but you may get a little more in regards to fastness of your buds.

Patrickf92

Patrickf92

Use your trichomes as a guide for when to harvest. Sometimes, there has been something that caused a slight delay in the maturation process and your plants may be a week or so behind the normal harvest window. If I'm not seeing the proper trichome color ratio, I'll let the plant keep going. Usually you don't wind up with excessive additional weight, but you may get a little more in regards to fastness of your buds.
Cheers brother 🤙

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If you want to flower a plant longer give complete veg ratio nutes. High pk shortens flowering.

Patrickf92

Patrickf92

If you want to flower a plant longer give complete veg ratio nutes. High pk shortens flowering.
I’ll take some photos tomorrow see what u think leafs are starting to yellow which is ok ain’t it as of nitrogen but my buds ain’t fulfilled and there’s alot of voids on a few it’s the start of the 7th week Wednesday and I’m doing 9 week flush so u think they’ll bulk up a bit in last 2 weeks and i was using ionic previously but swiched to shogun on this one as ionic ain’t got a very good range

Top Bottom