Can u put a plant thats in a pot on top of another?

• Thread starter GDP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hubcap

hubcap

:rofl

holy shit farmer 7rayos!

i would tend to believe that a root system like that, while bound to a pot, would be detrimental.
i like my roots like my spaghetti...

angel hair. thinner and more numerous the beddah.

but thanks for that pic. adds to the information and might save someone the time of experimenting between the two methods.

id think its safe to assume, that removing the bottom of the pots, IS, indeed much better than lettin' em go thru the smaller ready made drain holes, no?

how big did that plant get on top of those big assed roots? that thing cries for an outdoor planting!

7rayos

Yeah Hubcap, of course she's asking for a transplant outdoors, but all plants do, i just don't pay them attention, :D The technic is not as crazy as it sounds, and although whichever success i'd have would be purely coincidental, bud size is not a problem with this roots. Mind you the photo of the roots is made like a month after being cut, so they're dried in the photo.
As for the plant itself, it wasn't very good really, but fat it was. Sorry can't find the photo complete with the pots, i'll keep looking for it, but that's the thing after 8weeks

8semanas
8semanas2
8semanas3
Tec2

7rayos

I've managed to find a few more pics from those trials. Different plants from the one above. Bear in mind that i'm no scientist and smoke too much for keeping any order, but i like trying things, and the only deference i give to marihuana is that is my favorite vegetable, but a vegetable nonetheless. Once a vegetable, always a vegetable. One might once be the dankiest vegetable in the world, but you'd still need human attention. If one thinks of marihuana as an animal... (this post belongs to "bump this thread if you're high")
Pics. People with the knowledge might take their own conclusions. I took mine and got back to the single pot bizz, but it was fun.

Tripot2
Tripot3
Tripot4
Tripot5
Tripot6
Tripot7
Tripot8
Tripot1
hubcap

hubcap

looks like youve done this method more than once.
nice work 7rayos.

do your bottom pots end up full of roots as well?

7rayos

Thanks BrothersBrand, it took me a while to throw them away, now i miss them :icon_cookie:
Hubcap, thanks, as experiments go, it was this or blinding my eyes and shooting with revolvers.
The thing is, some did better than others, but basically i would say the third pot it pretty useless if you put it later than one week prior to flowering, the roots never get the lot. It also depends how long does it take for flowering, i reckon this works better with long flowering sativas, hazes and the like.
If i was to repeat those, i'd stick to two pots, but the first slightly bigger, like 3 litres up to colonizing that, putting over the 9 with flowering food, let it go for another week of growing and then to flower.
Can they eat more (and get fatter) through thick&thin roots than just thin? I've no conclusion yet on that, and when i go to reach into scholar papers on "root behavior" to adapt the technique, i just get lost. They stand gales better: fact. Good news for outdoor growers in windy areas

Latest posts

Top Bottom