Can weed somehow ferment or something?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Back in I think April or something, I bought some purple kush and it was pretty bad weed but it still got me high. I put it in a drawer and forgot about it until today so I gave it to my friend and he smoked it and now he's saying he's going crazy and it's really potent. He said "It feels like a really strong weed high and maybe something else." I took some pics through a microscope at 60x and I couldn't see mold or anything so I'm really confused. It's 7 months old and I kept it in a plastic bag without a humidity pack or anything so I thought if anything it would have lost potency but I guess not. He has a pretty low tolerance and the last time he smoked was a week ago.

Can anyone tell me why it's to potent?

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

THCA will convert to the activated form we all know and love which is THC.....over time. Same with CBDA, and the others as well.

Generally speaking, the more time that passes the more THCA gets converted to the active form of THC.....at a certain point, the THC will begin to degrade, but that can take years if the cannabis is properly stored.

This is usually referred to as "Curing".....

To speed up this conversion process, you can decarb your cannabis with low heat.....or smoke it for example.

THCA is not active which is why eating raw herb will do nothing.....well, nothing good! LOL!

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Sure it can ferment, but the result has more to do with better taste than with higher potency as far as i know.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

absolutely it can - look up "malawi cob" - a method of wrapping weed in banana leaf and burying it underground for storage/fermentation...
Yes ive heard of this too. Actually read about it in skunk mag maybe high times. Lol

Its supposed to be super potent!

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
absolutely it can - look up "malawi cob" - a method of wrapping weed in banana leaf and burying it underground for storage/fermentation...
I looked into it and started my own. I've started an oz so far but I'll start a thread and make more because it seems like it'll turn out at least okay.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
When I was on a private site a few years back the group was trying to make these cobs. They all denied it but you could see the black mold on some of them in the pictures. Never seal up moist weed is all I learned.
I opened it up after the one day sweat today and I kid you not, it smelled exactly like burned pine hotdogs. I can't express how much it smelled like that without someone smelling it themselves, and that was after only one day. Anyway, I don't doubt something like that will happen. I'm doing them in 7g batches so if a few get contaminated, at least I have some good ones. Or maybe they'll all get fucked up. I guess we'll find out.

Top Bottom