Can you adjust light schedule in flower?

• Thread starter Mr.Budly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Hey I just switched jobs and have an issue with new work hours and the light schedule I had set for flower based on previous jobs hours. Light schedule is 6a-6p on but I need more like 8a-8p. Just wondering if you think I could adjust it an hour more over a few days time til i reach that 8a-8p on schedule with minimal stress cause of that 13th hour or it just ain't worth it? They like where they are now so I sure don't want to shake em up too much, but I couldn't complain about those couple hours either!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey I just switched jobs and have an issue with new work hours and the light schedule I had set for flower based on previous jobs hours. Light schedule is 6a-6p on but I need more like 8a-8p. Just wondering if you think I could adjust it an hour more over a few days time til i reach that 8a-8p on schedule with minimal stress cause of that 13th hour or it just ain't worth it? They like where they are now so I sure don't want to shake em up too much, but I couldn't complain about those couple hours either!
how far in are you?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yes, it shouldn’t matter provided the duration is the same ie 12/12

Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Yes, it shouldn’t matter provided the duration is the same ie 12/12

The end time would be 12/12 but to get there I would have to add some time per day which on my timer is 15 minute increments. But I sure don't want to wait 2 weeks to get there cause I ain't home to feed em and th
you should be alright ,i would just do it instead of trying to work um slowly,same when power goes off,no choice but if out more than a day you might have a problem,ive had mine off for 2 days and didnt hurt me

So they can be pretty forgiving once in a while? That's good to know!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

The end time would be 12/12 but to get there I would have to add some time per day which on my timer is 15 minute increments. But I sure don't want to wait 2 weeks to get there cause I ain't home to feed em and th

id go in emergency cases,but ya not a habit,really depends on strains to some can be finicky as hell,i had some cherry bomb that was a finicky bitch all the way,especally when it came to feeding,the damn thing only wanted water all the way,every time i tried a little feed it let me know it didnt care for it,just wanted what the well water provided

FourthCity

FourthCity

I've had to change my light schedule for the same reason and it was no problem. My advice would also be that you can do it all at once but don't add to the lights on time, subract from it. Run your dark cycle the extra two hours and be done with it, this will not cause any observable stress.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter

Just switch to the new time , there is no need for a break in period. As long as the lights off time is the same length. 12/12. We do this as a rule to speed up ripening by switching cycle start/finish at week 5 to offset 4 hrs with light dep. works like a charm . Only once have I had a genetic herm on me and we got rid of that strain.

Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

I've had to change my light schedule for the same reason and it was no problem. My advice would also be that you can do it all at once but don't add to the lights on time, subract from it. Run your dark cycle the extra two hours and be done with it, this will not cause any observable stress.

That makes sense, I'm starting to grasp it.. don't know how I overlooked adjusting the dark cycle and went right for adjusting the on cycle. Seems awfully silly now haha

FourthCity

FourthCity

As long as the lights off time is the same length. 12/12. We do this as a rule to speed up ripening by switching cycle start/finish at week 5 to offset 4 hrs with light dep.
I thought the light deprivation method is when you increase the lights off time, not sure I understand, can you explain?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I thought the light deprivation method is when you increase the lights off time, not sure I understand, can you explain?
You are in flower?
That means the the lights off vs lights on is higher or equal to. Meaning 12hrs lights on and 12 hours lights off.
It would be irrelevant if your cycle is starting at 1am or 6pm provides that the totality of lights off is the same, 12 on 12 off. Or 12/12 in short form, 12/12 means 12 on and 12 off. Light dep would be the same: as long as the period of lights out is greater then or equal to lights on. So if u need to cover the plants at 8pm-8am vs 6pm -6am it’s wouldn’t matter and you don’t need to persay ease her into it. Just ensure she is getting the same duration of lights out.

FourthCity

FourthCity

You are in flower?
That means the the lights off vs lights on is higher or equal to. Meaning 12hrs lights on and 12 hours lights off.
It would be irrelevant if your cycle is starting at 1am or 6pm provides that the totality of lights off is the same, 12 on 12 off. Or 12/12 in short form, 12/12 means 12 on and 12 off. Light dep would be the same: as long as the period of lights out is greater then or equal to lights on. So if u need to cover the plants at 8pm-8am vs 6pm -6am it’s wouldn’t matter and you don’t need to persay ease her into it. Just ensure she is getting the same duration of lights out.

I'm with you on all that, I thought you were talking about switching to something other than a normal 12/12 . What confused me is when you mentioned off time being the same length but offsetting four hours with light dep, I still dont understand the four hours part.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I'm with you on all that, I thought you were talking about switching to something other than a normal 12/12 . What confused me is when you mentioned off time being the same length but offsetting four hours with light dep, I still dont understand the four hours part.
🤪🧐 I mean change the time / start/finish , to a cycle 4 hrs later..

Latest posts

Top Bottom