Can you clone a 3 week plant for sex?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey all, I have some non feminized seeds and don't want to go through what I did with my first grow (7 plants that turned into 3 females). My goal for my next grow is to start 12-14 seeds, put them in 1 gallon pots to veg and clone for sex when 3 weeks old. I want to finish with 6 healthy girls. Will they be way too young for that? Am I better off just putting 12 plants into flower? I don't want to transplant 12 plants into 3 gallon pots if I don't have to. Let me know if you have any insights.

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
yeh you can cllip n do a tissue culture and root it n 1212

growsince79

growsince79

Hey all, I have some non feminized seeds and don't want to go through what I did with my first grow (7 plants that turned into 3 females). My goal for my next grow is to start 12-14 seeds, put them in 1 gallon pots to veg and clone for sex when 3 weeks old. I want to finish with 6 healthy girls. Will they be way too young for that? Am I better off just putting 12 plants into flower? I don't want to transplant 12 plants into 3 gallon pots if I don't have to. Let me know if you have any insights.
Why wait until 3 weeks to clone? Do it at 2 - 2.5

Homesteader

Homesteader

Wouldn't you want to flower them first and weed out the males. Drop them back after they show if you want mothers.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
You can try to root the cuttings on a 12/12 cycle to speed up the process. Some cultivars will respond faster than others. I like the flip everything then monster crop cuts for a mom approach.

One of the drawbacks to reg seeds is the extra work for plants destined for the bin anyway. It is what it is. 🤷‍♂️

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Put a dark bag on the lowest branch....it will show sex while the rest of the plant stays in veg. You can also just veg them and wait til mature enough to show sex prior to flipping.

growsince79

growsince79

You can make clones and flip them at 3 weeks while still in 1 gal. In about 2 weeks the males are gone and you can transplant the girls. Or you can toss them all and use the female clones.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

You can make clones and flip them at 3 weeks while still in 1 gal. In about 2 weeks the males are gone and you can transplant the girls. Or you can toss them all and use the female clones.
That's what I was thinking, I might have to take the cuts at 2 weeks if possible. This last grow my plants were completely rootbound at 23 days of veg so I worry that I might have to transplant before the cuttings show. Is there a certain number of nodes you look to have before making a cutting?

Latest posts

Top Bottom