• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Jack Herer Fast from seedsman in RDWC under 600w HPS
PPMS 1300, ph 5.6, water temps 72f, live system

Calmag, micro, grow, bloom, massive
According to this video its either a calcium deff, or mag toxicity. watch
I did a 3/4 res change, topped off with 30ppm RO, ppm was 700 lol, a little high. . I added nutrients to 1200ppm. The situation got worse. .
Week 5 of flower, and ive had this problem before. The last time I ran multiple strains in my hydro system, one of them did this exact same thing.
Its not root rot, cause all of my roots look the same, tinted, but not slimy, clear res, no buildup on sidewalls.
I did that 3/4 res change due to high ppms, and i still have high ppms. I might just do a full res change, but seems every time I do it gets worse.
I know my hardness is through he roof according to these aquarium test strips. Always over like 500ppms :\
Im have a mag test kit, so imma do that on the system right now.
I dont think its pests because its only on the growth right under the light, the shit thats suppose to be growing the best. Lower leafs look fine. . idk. .what do you think it is?
I also cant turn the light down lol. .its as low as possible. The buds look fine that are not directly under the light. Does that mean its a mobile or immobile nutrient??
RH 55, Leaf temps 77, room temp 80, lung room temp 72, co2 2000ppms

Last edited:
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Im just letting it go as is. Working to much this weekend. Ill do a full res change tomorrow and set ppms to like 700 i guess. All i can think is its a toxicity due to high ppms. Leafs look heavy. . Idk oh well. That mimosa i got going is looking amazing so i cant be too mad.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Looks like thrips or mites to me? Could be wrong

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
It looks like nute burn, the dark plastic alike colour of the leaves, the dry necrotic leaf margin indicate a lockout and some of the top sugarleaves are clawing somewhat pointing down.

I don't think you got insects there, it's not displaying the typical marks.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

It looks like nute burn, the dark plastic alike colour of the leaves, the dry necrotic leaf margin indicate a lockout and some of the top sugarleaves are clawing somewhat pointing down.

I don't think you got insects there, it's not displaying the typical marks.
Well what are the blotchy yellow marks on the leaves at the start of the video I agree with the clawing of the leaves mate in the last thread u said put 2.0 ec on seedlings so what would u need to burn them 5.0ec? Look at the round marks all the way up n down the leaf looks exactly like insect marks to me I do agree that 1200ppm is very high for dwc especially for a plant with a few problems and with the co2 enrichment that’s all good for healthy plants only makes things worse for a struggling 1 turbo charging problems

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
in the last thread u said put 2.0 ec on seedlings
To be fair I wrote EC 1.2 - because the person in charge watered Biobizz Coco (that is just buffered) now with only straight water for weeks and the plant appears lush.

You see, a few years back a few pals and me had a talk about how high a seedling can take it, so we just made a few sprout tests, using organics and mineralic ferts. Yes, one batch of 10 seeds received mineralic EC of 2, and would just grow normally. It wouldn't develop burned leaves. But I wouldn't give so high constantly as it's just a waste and it may just build up and cause problems later.

at the round marks all the way up n down the leaf looks exactly like insect marks to me
surely can't rule that out but they should then be found within that tent sooner or later. Identification would be the first step to evaluate a counter measure

R

ritoMox

To be fair I wrote EC 1.2 - because the person in charge watered Biobizz Coco (that is just buffered) now with only straight water for weeks and the plant appears lush.

You see, a few years back a few pals and me had a talk about how high a seedling can take it, so we just made a few sprout tests, using organics and mineralic ferts. Yes, one batch of 10 seeds received mineralic EC of 2, and would just grow normally. It wouldn't develop burned leaves. But I wouldn't give so high constantly as it's just a waste and it may just build up and cause problems later.

surely can't rule that out but they should then be found within that tent sooner or later. Identification would be the first step to evaluate a counter measure
Damn, that sounds like some University type shizzzz go'n on right there! ✌️

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I had this exact same issue last grow, but in a different tent. I have 3 tents in the bedroom. Last time it was just one pheno out of 4, yet all were sharing the same res. Perhaps some strains need more or less of a specific nutrient. And if were being honest it looks to happen at week 3 or 4 of flower. Once its done stretching and trying to bulk up.

Im thinking toxicity. . and ill dig more into it in 12hrs when i clock off.

Thanks for all the input. . i just wanted to hear all the possibilities.

Top Bottom