Can You Infect Your Growing Area With Pm Bud?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

If someone buys a couple units of flower that has powder mold all over it and brings it into his growing area, can powder mold spores be distrubutrd into the air from the buds and infect the whole area?? Or does it only happen from pm infested plants and plant leaves?

Bearfamfarm

Bearfamfarm

Quarantine and treat anything not from your own garden. Will save you so much hassle in the long run. If the cut already has pm I personally wouldn't even keep it seeing how it is already prone to pm which is systematic. I'm sure people will say spray and save her but why start with something subpar. Start fresh with something that is not struggling and your flowering days will be easier. Good luck

Dan789

Dan789

I don't know for a fact but spores are very small and quite numerous, my bet would be it's very possible your whole growing area is going to require eradication of the spores. How to determine if this is what needs to happen is the $64,000 question. Now the next question is what method to use. I've only had pm once and used a sulfur burner to kill the spores in the area after burning all my crop. That was heartbreaking, but I couldn't do otherwise. I hope someone else will respond with more info on how to proceed now.

vangs

vangs

Quarantine and treat anything not from your own garden. Will save you so much hassle in the long run. If the cut already has pm I personally wouldn't even keep it seeing how it is already prone to pm which is systematic. I'm sure people will say spray and save her but why start with something subpar. Start fresh with something that is not struggling and your flowering days will be easier. Good luck
I'm not talking about cuts I'm talking about bud.. if I was to bring like a couple ps of bud into my growing area that had pm. Can the pm spread? Or does pm only spread from plants??

vangs

vangs

I don't know for a fact but spores are very small and quite numerous, my bet would be it's very possible your whole growing area is going to require eradication of the spores. How to determine if this is what needs to happen is the $64,000 question. Now the next question is what method to use. I've only had pm once and used a sulfur burner to kill the spores in the area after burning all my crop. That was heartbreaking, but I couldn't do otherwise. I hope someone else will respond with more info on how to proceed now.
So you got rid of your crop and then you used a sulfur burner to kill any spores and then the pm never came back? What is a sulfar burner ? Is it an ionizer?

soserthc1

soserthc1

You should be fine unless you were tossing buds around your flower room

Pm is systematic within plants and can be spread when conditions are favorable for it to thrive like high humidity or infected plants touching each other.

Safe side foliar everything with a organic pm spray
Product called dragon juice works great

Top Bottom