Can you make a plant grow smaller with smaller pots?

• Thread starter CheebaMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CheebaMonkey

So I'm wrapping up my first grow and starting to plan my second. I decided stealthy mini grows only from now on as I basically had to make up excuses for 4 months straight to all my friends that wanted to come over. A few times it was unavoidable so I basically had to pack everything up and hide the plants in a poorly ventilated closet.

A small pc grow would really be enough for me. I'll probably try an auto strain but I don't want to limit myself to dwarf genetics. I'm wondering if theres some way to make any cannabis plant grow as small as an auto strain(a foot) through some type of training or environment.

G

GRAMTOWN

yea its possible depending on the pot size, genetics and veg length. I say use clones and throw them into flower after about a week veg or so just to make sure the plant adjust to the new grow medium

C

CheebaMonkey

Thanks Gram but then I'd have to have a grow room for the mother. Do you know of any strains that don't require a lot of root space? I only have 2 feet of vertical space in a pc case.

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

hey cheeba you might consider 12/12 from seed!!! they lollipop and don't get as big and you get all bud!!dj

M

mountaindank

12/12 from seed will probably accomplish what you're hoping for. You won't necessarily get the pick of the litter this way though.

Edit: Note though that your yields will be pretty low. I understand that, given your set of circumstances, you've got to do what you've got to do to make it work. But, if you can somehow come up with a better way to hide a slightly bigger grow, you can grow way, way more weed with only a little tiny bit more effort. Best of luck!

R

Rolln J

please tell me your not gonna buy one of those $800 dollar pc grow boxes...

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

with an indica of course!!

hey cheeba you might consider 12/12 from seed!!! they lollipop and don't get as big and you get all bud!!dj

yeah with an indica!! sweet tooth!!legends ultimate indica, white widow!! hope this helps dj

E

everTree

Its possible with any kind of seed, or so thats what I've come to see. The smaller the pot, the smaller the plant.

C

ChronicChthonic

I have used smaller pots to keep plants small, but you have to keep an eye out and not let them veg too long so they don't become root bound. It also helps to a) flower as soon as possible (or even try the 12/12 from seed for maximum compactness), because they will double from whatever height they're at when they start flowering, and b) if transplanting, go up to a slightly bigger size pot, for example from a 3" to a 4" pot, which will give roots a chance to spread out a bit without triggering a bunch of extra growth.

D

DrDanko

I learned early on that the space you allow for roots is important when determining the size you want your plants to be. However a plant needs time to mature somewhat, otherwise it will grow small like u wish, but with very poor quality. I'd recommend an auto-flowering strain if u wanna stay stealth. Lollipop them and grow 1 1/2 foot plants with little dank colas. Not my preferred method, but it works. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom