Can You Make Ewt Without Casting?

• Thread starter twerkle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

twerkle

Are casting nessasary to make a bennie tea? I was thinking of using Great White, Myko Jordan, Humic Acid, Kelp, Molasses. I tried one recently with just mycos and molasses and it still smelled like sugar after 24 hours, I added added humic acid and it started to smell like tea after another 12. No foam tho. Any thoughts?

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

Why not just buy castings? They are cheap on amazon. /30# on amazon shipped. That's cheaper than the local store for me.
https://www.amazon.com/Unco-Industr...95&sr=8-1-fkmr2&keywords=wiggly+worm+castings
It would be halfway to your house by now if your ordered it instead of posting.- not intentionally trying to be a smart ass.

You want to be careful with the humic acid strength- so i read. I don't use it in my teas. I do put a little in the soil though.

Molasses should be used sparingly in teas -1/2tsp per gallon or no foam-also what I read. I just follow a recipe.

I do use that wiggly Worm castings and I don't get a lot of foam in my teas but they work no problem.

Last edited:
T

twerkle

Why not just buy castings? They are cheap on amazon. /30# on amazon shipped. That's cheaper than the local store for me.
https://www.amazon.com/Unco-Industr...95&sr=8-1-fkmr2&keywords=wiggly+worm+castings
It would be halfway to your house by now if your ordered it instead of posting.- not intentionally trying to be a smart ass.

You want to be careful with the humic acid strength- so i read. I don't use it in my teas. I do put a little in the soil though.

Molasses should be used sparingly in teas -1/2tsp per gallon or no foam-also what I read. I just follow a recipe.

I do use that wiggly Worm castings and I don't get a lot of foam in my teas but they work no problem.

I have EWC at the house, I don't like the mess/wasting a sock. All EWC is Humus, humic acid is derived from humus. When using castings you are taking a crap shoot at which bennies you get. I want certain bennies, hence why I dont want to use it. I was wondering if anyone had any input on just humic acids and carbs to feed the bennies I add from specific myco products.

Also if you aren't adding humic acid and kelp extract to your EWT you are lacking.

Humics increase fungal and microbial content by almost 20%, Kelp and Fish Shit also do.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I don’t use a sock. I stir with a paint mixer and use quick. Use what’s needed and dump the rest. Rinse bucket. Hardly a chore. Neither my grow or teas are lacking I assure you.
Not all humic acids are created equal.
Sorry if I was of little help.

T

twerkle

I don’t use a sock. I stir with a paint mixer and use quick. Use what’s needed and dump the rest. Rinse bucket. Hardly a chore. Neither my grow or teas are lacking I assure you.
Not all humic acids are created equal.
Sorry if I was of little help.
I mean empirically they are lacking if you aren't adding humic. I posted the paper on it right there LOL. Its acedotal to say it isnt lacking unless you've tested microbial count with and without. Not saying your tea doesnt have microbial activity just that it would obviously have more if humic acid was added. Thats immutable unless you have some studies showing otherwise.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I read it.
I just don’t rely on my teas to do much more than enhance my soil-feed it. The actual microbial count of the tea is fairly irrelevant to me. I have plenty living in my soil.
I think we just have different styles, just a misunderstanding of the original question.

T

twerkle

"The influence of humic acids of different origins on the growth of bacterial cultures of different taxa isolated from the soil and the digestive tracts of earthworms (Aporrectodea caliginosa)—habitats with contrasting conditions—was studied. More than half of the soil and intestinal isolates from the 170 tested strains grew on the humic acid of brown coal as the only carbon source. The specific growth rate of the bacteria isolated from the intestines of the earthworms was higher than that of the soil bacteria. The use of humic acids by intestinal bacteria confirms the possibility of symbiotic digestion by earthworms with the participation of bacterial symbionts. Humic acids at a concentration of 0.1 g/l stimulated the growth of the soil and intestinal bacteria strains (66 strains out of 161) on Czapek’s medium with glucose (1 g/l), probably, acting as a regulator of the cell metabolism. On the medium with the humic acid, the intestinal bacteria grew faster than the soil isolates did. The most active growth of the intestinal isolates was observed by Paenibacillus sp., Pseudomonas putida, Delftia acidovorans, Microbacterium terregens, and Aeromonas sp.; among the soil ones were the representatives of the Pseudomonas genus. A response of the bacteria to the influence of humic acids was shown at the strain level using the example of Pseudomonas representatives. The Flexomhumin preparation stimulated the growth of the hydrocarbon-oxidizing Acinetobacter sp. bacteria. This effect can be used for creating a new compound with the elevated activity of bacteria that are destroyers of oil and oil products."

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1134/S1064229310030087

Welp answered my question; humic, bennies, and sugar is all you need. PEACE.

T

twerkle

I read it.
I just don’t rely on my teas to do much more than enhance my soil-feed it. The actual microbial count of the tea is fairly irrelevant to me. I have plenty living in my soil.
I think we just have different styles, just a misunderstanding of the original question.

Yea, I'm in Coco so its inert unlike say someone who has composted and what not already in the soil which would make creating a specific biome rather hard since the soil isn't strerile.

Top Bottom