Can you please help me find a good organic soil mix

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Same seller has the other mix that I linked to as well. Interesting find, VERY interesting. Thanks for that. :)

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

I've used something similar to this myself and the mix with a good tea now and then does the trick. I think after I'm done with my current stock of general organics that I'm going try this mix along with my own tea brew and worm farm I should lock down a good taste in next grow!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They want you to cook their mix for 4-6 weeks or you could burn plants. I think that's due to the amount of guanos. The seller also says not to use it on seedlings as it's far too hot. So! I'mma try this mix & ratios in some of my OD planting beds and see how they perform. I've already got most of the ingredients, I'm not sure I have the guanos is all.

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

In the past I have placed rooted cutting in 1 gal pots in pro mix with a handful of fresh worm castings. When I transplant into 5 gal smart pots I use this mild mix in the top third of the pot and the rest would be the amended soil mix that way the cuttings have time to grow into the stronger mix.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have a bale of Pro-Mix HP that I really wanna use, I'm just not sure what for. I was thinking about trying it for starting up my seeds. It's about that time.

louie419

louie419

I recommend Roots organics soil. For amendments I use dr.earth bud & bloom, dr.earth vegetable & herb, ancient forest Alaska humus soil, seabird guano, and mykos pure. Your good to go..
I
I recommend Roots organics soil. For amendments I use dr.earth bud & bloom, dr.earth vegetable & herb, ancient forest Alaska humus soil, seabird guano, and mykos pure. Your good to go..
I forgot to mention cal/mag, maxicrop kelp extract and organics alive.

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Alright guys, I'm doing it. I've run into some height restrictions w/ my hydro setup and won't be able to get around this w/o growing in beds... so that's what I'm gonna do.

So I'm looking for a good recipe that includes alfalfa meal, kelp meal and some form of neem and guanos and/or blood meal. I'm looking for something no till as well. I apologize if something like this has already been mentioned in this thread and I haven't noticed, especially considering it's a thread I started :D, but I was very excited to make this post, so I haven't re read this yet and it's been a while since I looked at this. Just kinda had an epiphany so I couldn't help myself.

Thanks a lot... I really mean that.

N

nightmarecreature

It's costs me $120 from start to finish for all my ingredients. It makes more than can fill a 55 gallon barrel.
Some of the things I order on ebay.
Anything heavy, should be bought at the stores.
Coffee grounds are a miracle and they are Free. Aged manure free!

Latest posts

Top Bottom