Two different strains - Pink zushi & The toad both photoperiods
Mars hydro FCE 3000
Temp around 27C Humidity 55¬65

Can you please help me with me plants they seems to have a deficiency
Can you please help me with me plants they seems to have a deficiency 2
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I think it might be a magnesium deficiency. I'm having trouble seeing the leaves. If so, watering in a tablespoon of Epsom Salts is worth a try.

If those are fabric pots, I recommend putting them on a screen or a riser or something to help aerate the bottom of the pot and improve drainage.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

See the burned and hooked leaf ends and yellowing up the sides. This is way to much nitrogen. Stop feeding this plant!
I am not seeing Magnesium deficiency.

Do not give this plant any nitrogen for at least 30 days. Just water when needed.
If your real lucky it will survive. It's in trouble!

See what the other guys think.
I'm thinking it's already to late and it's going to crash on you. Only a very thorough flushing will save it at this point. Like putting it in a sink and slowly running 20 gallons of water threw the pot to get rid of the excess nutrients. Then letting the plant dry out a week and seeing if it pulls threw. It may still drop all of it's leaves. You will need to re introduce nutrients with minerals slowly if it survives the next 2 weeks.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
See the burned and hooked leaf ends and yellowing up the sides. This is way to much nitrogen. Stop feeding this plant!
I am not seeing Magnesium deficiency.

Do not give this plant any nitrogen for at least 30 days. Just water when needed.
If your real lucky it will survive. It's in trouble!

See what the other guys think.
I'm thinking it's already to late and it's going to crash on you. Only a very thorough flushing will save it at this point. Like putting it in a sink and slowly running 20 gallons of water threw the pot to get rid of the excess nutrients. Then letting the plant dry out a week and seeing if it pulls threw. It may still drop all of it's leaves. You will need to re introduce nutrients with minerals slowly if it survives the next 2 weeks.
I missed the hooked leaf ends. So, yep, that's a sign of N toxicity.

Z

zavara2

the thing is i was only using advance nutrients GRow A+B solution nothing else.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey bud. I wish it was something simple. But I am telling you what I see in the pictures. The top plant is very sick. The bottom is not as bad.
The problem is that because of the high salt content in the grow medium, the nutrient imbalance is causing the reverse osmosis thing plants do to take in nutrients is working backwards. Water and nutrients are moving out of the plant. Those curling leaves will continue to curl, yellow and fall off and the plant will likely die. This is the reality of your situation.

Even if you flush it. The first plant will likely die anyway. But it's worth a shot and see if it comes back.

If this was my plant I'd pull it out of the pot. Take a garden hose and wash all of the potting mix out of the root ball down to bare roots. Power wash it. Then mix a super sloppy potting mix. Get someone to hold the plant in the pot and slowly pour the sloppy potting mix in amongst the clean roots until the pot is full letting the water drain out the bottom as you refill the pot. This takes a while. Press it all down and tie her into place so she is stable. Stick the plant in a shady spot for 2 weeks. Then re introduce a very little nitrogen. She will ether grow new leaves or die. It's a hail marry situation.

The 2nd plant you may get away with a good flush and shade for 2 weeks. Then re introduce nutrients 1/4 what you have been giving them.

Last edited:
Z

zavara2

Thank you man for your advice i appreciate it.
I have another 4x4 tent with 5 plants that i just started flowering (1 week ago)
I notice small spots on the leafs can you advice what i can do?
Also what kind of potting mix should i use for future reference as most probably i will throw the two sick ones and start another grow from scratch.
Regarding nutrients what do you suggest?
Im my flowering tent i have two lamps one Spiderfarmer sf2000 and MArs hydro FC3000 is this a problem?

20230724 230448
20230724 230453
20230724 225350
wallywonks

wallywonks

Thank you man for your advice i appreciate it.
I have another 4x4 tent with 5 plants tshat i just started flowering (1 week ago)
I notice small spots on the leafs can you advice what i can do?
Also what kind of potting mix should i use for future reference as most probably i will throw the two sick ones and start another grow from scratch.
Regarding nutrients what do you suggest?
Im my flowering tent i have two lamps one Spiderfarmer sf2000 and MArs hydro FC3000 is this a problem?
Looks like spider mites. They suck the under leaves and leave white spots.

If you do gardening or yard work outside you never go into your babies grow room unless you change clothes and take a shower.
Make sure there's no openings for them to get in to.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'm basically an outdoor organic grower. I make all my own soil from worm castings from Kitchen scraps compost., composted leaves and grass clippings. Then make my own fertilizers. It's very different from what you are doing. I have grown in store bought potting mix with amendments. I used Pro-mix fertilizer liquid from the hardware store with great success. 5-15-5 for seedlings. 12-6-6 for veg then Flowered with the 5-15-5.

There are guys around that know a lot more about soil for tent growing or making water only super soil. I like the idea but I'm just not paying the kind of money they want for bat shit and see weed mixes. Right now I have a couple deep water hydroponic and 5 outdoor organic on the go.

The best advice I could give on soil selection is study for a few weeks and think long and hard about what you want in the end, then make it happen. I look at and study for a year off and on before I do anything. I have a friend that uses Fox Farms but he cuts it. 25% Fox farm with a regular potting mix on the top 1/2 of his pots, then 100% Fox Farms in the bottom 1/2 of the pot. So it's not so hot when the plants are young but the roots grow down into the hotter soil as the plants get bigger. He swears buy this method and he grows some killer bud. Everyone seems to find there little way of doing things.

Z

zavara2

The thing is where i am from we do not have this options for potting soil. we just have regular mixes and for my grows so far i bought regular potting soil added perlite and composted sheep manure but it seems its not working.

wallywonks

wallywonks

I'm basically an outdoor organic grower. I make all my own soil from worm castings from Kitchen scraps compost., composted leaves and grass clippings. Then make my own fertilizers. It's very different from what you are doing. I have grown in store bought potting mix with amendments. I used Pro-mix fertilizer liquid from the hardware store with great success. 5-15-5 for seedlings. 12-6-6 for veg then Flowered with the 5-15-5.

There are guys around that know a lot more about soil for tent growing or making water only super soil. I like the idea but I'm just not paying the kind of money they want for bat shit and see weed mixes. Right now I have a couple deep water hydroponic and 5 outdoor organic on the go.

The best advice I could give on soil selection is study for a few weeks and think long and hard about what you want in the end, then make it happen. I look at and study for a year off and on before I do anything. I have a friend that uses Fox Farms but he cuts it. 25% Fox farm with a regular potting mix on the top 1/2 of his pots, then 100% Fox Farms in the bottom 1/2 of the pot. So it's not so hot when the plants are young but the roots grow down into the hotter soil as the plants get bigger. He swears buy this method and he grows some killer bud. Everyone seems to find there little way of doing things.
I make mine homemade with peat moss, Earthworm castings and or Rabbit manure and Perlite Grade 3. Sometimes I'll do 25% Peat Moss and 25% Coco Coir instead of 50% Peat Moss.

Then I add Rock dusts, Gypsum, Dolomite lime, oyster shell flour and organics like Crab meal, Neem Seed Meal and Kelp meal. I double the kelp to 1cup per cu ft which is 7.5 gals.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey Wally. Give us the recipe. How much of each for a nice grow medium.

wallywonks

wallywonks

Hey Wally. Give us the recipe. How much of each for a nice grow medium.
This is what I mixed up for my current grow. Both the Indicas and Sativas love it.

50/30/20 Base Soil mix
1c Dolomite Lime

Per cu ft
1c Kelp Meal
1/2c Neem Seed Meal
1/2c Crab Meal
1/4c Shrimp Meal
1/4c Seabird Guano
1/4c Alfalfa Meal

Rock Dust/Minerals
1c Gypsum
1c Oyster Shell Flour
1c Soft Rock Phosphate
1c Greensand
1c Basalt

These are growing in that mix. They are almost 8 weeks old. 1 week into flower.
The soil I mixed in 1 cu ft batches. Then mixed the batches in another bigger tote. It sat to cook for 3 weeks before I transplanted the babies into 5 gal pots.
20230724 162114

Top Bottom