Can you recommend a good movie?

• Thread starter Sirius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BlindCripple

Premium Member
Supporter
Troy! One of my favorites of all time. Awesome story and fight scenes.

Also Apocalypto ... sweet Mel Brooks movie about ancient Mayans.... movie is in subtitles so i suggest u smoke plenty before u watch

C

CAPO

Apocalypto was a great flick. I think you mean Mel Gibson though.

Has anyone seen Leaves of Grass yet?
I'm not sure if I liked it or not yet. It stars Edward Norton, playing 2 roles, one as a college professor, the other as his pot-growing twin.
It leaves a violent taste in the mouth, kinda like Pineapple Express.
He plugs AN among others, which I found funny. The plot kinda sucked though.

I highly recommend Inglorious Bastards!!!

B

BlindCripple

Premium Member
Supporter
haha ya Mel Gibson.... guess i should smoke another one

C

CAPO

Mel Brooks...fuckin genious...also reminds me of anything Gene Wilder too!!!!

Anything Brooks or Wilder.....now that is Americana at it's finest!

S

Sirius

Troy! One of my favorites of all time. Awesome story and fight scenes.

Better than Gladiator? w russell crowe?

Here's some spanish movies and some data about them. Hope you know where to find them dubbed in english or with subs

The Year of Maria (AƱo Mariano)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112922/
The Day of The Beast (El DĆ­a de la Bestia)

Airbag
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085496/
Dark Habits (Entre Tinieblas)

i went through this whole trip where I watched everything gael garcia bernal did.. i think he is an awesome actor... aside from the motorcycle diaries...

amores perros
y tu mama tambien
The crime of pedro amaro

if your on a subtitle trip.. two awesome brazilian flicks are..

City of God
Behind The Sun.. (Probably one my favorite movies of all time...)

L

lurking_chap

you there oversea got some serious movies made,we love your movies in europe. always waiting for something new...last one I saw was Zombieland and Avatar and it was very bad to us (movie-addicts).

I can recommend some good movies I like: The Dark Knight (top movie ever, not because of the plot but it is goddamned well done masterpiece),Fear and Loathing in LA (what say about this, I loved Johnny Depp in this role and I like movies like this, crazy scenes smashed up on acid), District 9 (one of my favourites), Gran Torino (not so bad,classical US drama),Grindhouse:Planet Terror (kinda creepy), A Scanner Darkly.

C

CAPO

Those are great movies lurkingchap!
It is interesting to know what people like across the pond. I was suprised to hear that you didn't prefer Zombieland.
I felt it was a bit of a repeat of plots with movies like Shawn of the Dead, but felt it was well done, especially the killing of Bill Murray AS Bill Murray...and the intro with Metallica's "for whom the bell tolls" was unhinged.

L

lurking_chap

yeah capo it was clear copy of shawn of the dead sorta of that thing... I didn't like it because of actors and some waste-time situations between them. some parts are good in this movie but it is still waste of time I think

C

CAPO

Ya..I can see what you mean lurking. Are you interested in seeing 'Alice in Wonderland' with J. Depp? Do you have access to 3-D cinemas?

Herbalizor....'Leaves of Grass'...odd movie eh? I would like to see more new Mj oriented movies like this. Makes me want to write a script.lol

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Herbalizor....'Leaves of Grass'...odd movie eh? I would like to see more new Mj oriented movies like this. Makes me want to write a script.lol

im downloading this one right now :character0053:

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Leaves of Grass was a good movie!! damn i enjoyed this film. Not meanstream, Well write and well directed, Norton is great as usual. Recomended!

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Leaves of Grass was a good movie!! damn i enjoyed this film. Not meanstream, Well write and well directed, Norton is great as usual. Recomended!

I agree its a good movie but it could of been much better if they put more effort into the story line:bong-hits:

but still good but not the best weed movie

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Not the best indeed, but i will say a smart one compare to what we usualy see, pineapple express, half baked etc etc...Im curious to know whats ur favorite pot movie?

M

MNC Productions

Yesterday i was flipping though channels and
"hustle & flow" was on... i stopped and ended up watching the whole dang thing

Latest posts

Top Bottom