can you run ecoplus inline pumps for h2o out of water?

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ever after

Ever after

can you run ecoplus inline pumps for h2o out of water? i have an eco plus pump connected to a water chiller and i was wondering if i need a different pump or or will the pump over heat its a 250gph pump eco plus and i was thinking of putting it in a 5 gallon bucket of water so it stays cooled by the water because they need water to stay cool but i was thinking a water chiller at 68 degrees F would be cold enough to keep the motor safe from burning out what pumps can i run out of the water i know of one thats for computers but not any for hydro and it needs a 12v computer hook up so i was thinking if you guys know of a pump that can run out of the water for year or so without burning out i really need it for my aero chiller

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

The chiller should have a recommendation as to what size pump you should use.

As long as your chiller is just something small, like 1/8 or 1/4 HP, then I'd just go grab a cheap submersible ecoplus

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
can you run ecoplus inline pumps for h2o out of water? i have an eco plus pump connected to a water chiller and i was wondering if i need a different pump or or will the pump over heat its a 250gph pump eco plus and i was thinking of putting it in a 5 gallon bucket of water so it stays cooled by the water because they need water to stay cool but i was thinking a water chiller at 68 degrees F would be cold enough to keep the motor safe from burning out what pumps can i run out of the water i know of one thats for computers but not any for hydro and it needs a 12v computer hook up so i was thinking if you guys know of a pump that can run out of the water for year or so without burning out i really need it for my aero chiller

I would go with Iwaki or Little Giant. 250gph is a pretty slow turnover rate, so you shouldn't have to spend too much money. Lemme get back to this in a minute, lemme do some searching.

Ok, looks like the smallest/lowest flow rate Iwaki I can find from Marine Depot is (I love this number) 420gph. I think that should be your pump.
http://www.marinedepot.com/pumps_iwaki_japanese_american-ap.html

I'm throwing this link up here to show you what's available that can be used externally: http://www.marinedepot.com/pumps__index-ap.html
They have Eheim pumps listed there, and that's a top notch German brand. That said, if you go into the back areas of any large public aquarium, I think you're going to find Iwakis and Little Giants for the most part. That says something.

Oh, sit, I missed the whole 12v hookup. Look into live well/live bait pumps, that are suitable for saltwater.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Get a boat bilge pump they run on 12v. Make sure it meets the required GPH flow of the chiller.

Ever after

Ever after

Eheim 1250 Pump at 317 gph sounds perfect? 104 dollars thought but i used that with water cooled computers so almost think thats the way to go BUT I THINK I WILL END UP WITH A DANNER PUMP THOSE WORK REALLY WELL AND I KNOW THEY WONT BREAK DOWN as
Danner Mag-Drive Supreme 2 250 GPH Water Pump for 55 bucks i cant turn that down maybe if this was chemistry but i think this will work

Latest posts

Top Bottom