Can you tell if a seed is quality or not b4 you grow it?

• Thread starter fotparmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fotparmer

I have a friend (an arrogant one at that) Who says that if the seeds are dark they are shit,ie dirt weed. Is there any truth to this. I looked at everyone of them under a 60xled micro and they all had healthy looking patterns on them and were somewhat dark drown but not the solid black or brown kind. I know this seems silly but i need some facts to either shut this idiot up or eat crow, Either way I would like to find out whatever you folks might be able to share.
thanks.

S

Sunbiz1

Kush seeds are usually large, round, and dark grey or black in coloring with some mottling.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Darker the better, it's the light colored seeds that are usually shit and not viable....dark, tiger striped seeds are usually the most viable but still no guarantees on germination rates.

I always love it when people with no clue about growing chime in like their some kind of expert, my guess is that your buddy has never grown a plant in his life so I wouldn't take any advice form him at all. Idiots can definatlely cause you to screw up alot stuff if ya let them.

There is absolutely nothing in the apperance of a seed that is an indicator of the potency or quality of the progeny..not size or color of the seed have anythnig at all to do with anything..

I have seeds that are tiny most of the time and I have some the size of coconuts, some are striped and some are not, some brown, some black, makes no difference unless they are light green and hollow usually immature seeds that where formed late flower.

Tex

F

fotparmer

Thank you both for the info.
He has not grown before but he is from Brooklyn and you cant tell him anything. I gave him 100 of them and someone in his ear made a uninformed comment and he ran with it. I told him to grow it and stfu. If he does as good as me (and im a newbie) he wont think it sucks .

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

Your best bet is to keep people like this away from your garden.

P

potgutz

Hard shelled dark mottled seeds are good , soft crumbly light colored are rubbish

johnursery

johnursery

the only thing i think you can get an idea of from seeds is how big the calyx was that housed the seed by size of the seed...although some strains the calyx's burst when the seeds maturing so thats probably not a good indicator anyway but sometimes sativas with small calyx's will produce small seeds and indica's will produce big calyx's and have big seeds, just typing in generalities though

Top Bottom