Can You Tell Me What These Fine Hairs Are?

• Thread starter GrowVT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrowVT

i have peppered in both my indoor and outdoor plants these extremely fine black “hairs”. I have searched and found no answers as of yet. Look closely in the top left area and you’ll see one shaped almost like a square. They are about 1/8 the thickness of a calyx hair.

Can you tell me what these fine hairs are
G

GrowVT

Negative. A: they are WAY too fine and b: I also see them on plants not from my stock. I’m assuming that it’s part of the plant but I just can’t identify it

Madbud

Madbud

Thinking its a dried up pistil from a passing dandelion seed or such, those white floater things.

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

My first thought is human hair. Perhaps string or fibers that came from clothing or the netting if you are using it. Plants at that stage are rather sticky, and do collect some foreign material if you aren't careful around them. Not saying that's what happened here, but just that it does happen.

final answer: non-plant foreign object of some kind whether it be animal or synthetic in origin.

G

GrowVT

Thanks MassMeds. You inadvertent told me what they are (FU**!!!). They are fibers from my (inexpensive, yet useable) tent. I can’t imagine having to try to pick these out one-by-one. Every now and then I would find a strand coming off a zipper but I never anticipated this. I wonder how many other newbies had this problem and never knew.

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

Thanks MassMeds. You inadvertent told me what they are (FU**!!!). They are fibers from my (inexpensive, yet useable) tent. I can’t imagine having to try to pick these out one-by-one. Every now and then I would find a strand coming off a zipper but I never anticipated this. I wonder how many other newbies had this problem and never knew.

Hey now. I was just providing my best guess of what that stuff was. No need to snap at me for the info :sweating:

We had fibers from the netting get into the middle buds. That was a fun task of removing them. So I know and sympathize with your pain!!!

G

GrowVT

No sorry you misunderstood (probably I misspoke). “FU**!!” was my reaction to finding out what it was and the PITA I am in for when I harvest. I never would have know what they were without your “best guess”. I was trying say thanks for sending me down the right path. Apologies and simply put, thank you. I have a real knack sometimes for using more words than are necessary.

G

GrowVT

TopoGrow 4x8x6 but actually 4x6x6. It has a second chamber 2x8x6. The 4x8 is fine WxL but 6’ tall is too short! as I’m sure anybody who is reading this already knows. For the price it does (is doing) the job but if I had to do it over again I would spend a few more bucks on the tent and better lights. Yes, time and money always in short supply.

And for what it’s worth, I suspect a lot of other people have these little fibers floating around and either didn’t see them or come across them but I bet there’s more out there than meets the eye.

Top Bottom