Can you use coffee as fertilizer?

• Thread starter Dadman86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dadman86

Dadman86

I read on Google that watered down coffee can be used as fertilizer. I was wondering if anyone has done this.

P

PahPahCee

I occasionally will dump my spent coffee grounds into house plants that I’m too lazy to get out fertilizer for. I wouldn’t rely on it as my only input.

3cats

3cats

I read on Google that watered down coffee can be used as fertilizer. I was wondering if anyone has done this.
Sure you can but do you want to grow weed to smoke or just watch it grow for fun? You don't need anything other than soil & water, something will grow just not what we'll want to smoke. Adding coffee grounds will help a tiny bit over its life but will still produce crap imho. Add a full line of nutrients in good airy soil under a good light you can produce weed you'll want to smoke. A couple of banana's aint going to help much either unless you've prepared your soil ahead of time with full knowledge of what you need in it

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Used coffee grounds are good for repelling slugs and snails from outside plants.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Coffee grounds are filled with a ridiculous amount of nitrogen so during veg If anything. I personally don't see a need myself, but it works and won't hurt soil ph IF they are run through a coffee pot first.

3cats

3cats

Coffee grounds are filled with a ridiculous amount of nitrogen so during veg If anything. I personally don't see a need myself, but it works and won't hurt soil ph IF they are run through a coffee pot first.
I think the point I was trying to make is with a full line of nute's there is no need for a bit of this and a some of that isn't going to help an already full line of nute's.

If you're not using a full line you need to know what you are doing and will have to provide everything the plants needs through soil amendments or composted organics to grow a product you'll want to smoke.

Adding coffee grounds, egg shell, banana juice or any of the other bits and pieces from last nights dinner is just a waste of time and can attract pests.

If you are just growing it for fun then go for it, I hear fish heads work wonders.

A

alpha.ganjaguy

I mean many people grow plants without bottled nutes or a nute line both cannabis and other.. people have been growing things for substantially longer than nutrient companies trying to sell you something have been

but like you said, you have to know what you are doing which is relatively easy now with the internet

E

Eclipted

I used to soak banana peels in water for 2/3 days then take that water and run it through my used coffee and filter and then used it on my plants numerous times they seemed to love it. Only as a treat tho not something I would use multiple times a week

Top Bottom