Canadian Extraction Laws?

• Thread starter dabarino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dabarino

Is anyone up to date with Canadian law regarding making concentrates and how to start a legal business? As far as I can tell the only people aloud to do it are the "lp's"? How does phyto, diamond, maple leaf and all the other big companies get away with it

Hempry

Hempry

Currently the LPs in Canada can only sell extracts (usually from CO2 or Ice water) that are sold blended into coconut or grapeseed oil. These are only for oral dosing, nothing smoke/vapeable can be sold legally yet except flower. Companies like phyto etc, while putting out a great product, are not technically legal. They sell online and currently enforcement is busy with "illegal" dispensaries, (easier target). There is a provision in the new regs where patients can make their own extracts, but can't use solvents.

D

dabarino

Currently the LPs in Canada can only sell extracts (usually from CO2 or Ice water) that are sold blended into coconut or grapeseed oil. These are only for oral dosing, not

Thanks for the answer... what I came up with in my research is that the lp's can basically do what ever they want.. meaning if they want to use organic solvents(butane, propane, ethanol etc.) then they have the ok? And people like me the medical patients are limited to butter, coconut oil, and glycerin type extracts the non volitile solvents

D

dabarino

Hi try -http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/marihuana/info/list-eng.php
Thanks but I've been through all that site before I'm pretty sure I have my answer already... the answer is unless you have a couple million to register as a LP then good luck getting legal.

Hempry

Hempry

they say $3 million minimum investment just to be considered for LP, over a thousand applicants and only 40 have jumped through all the right hoops to get approved. Of those 40, the big fish are already eating up all the weaker ones, and the recreational market has all but been promised to them when the "regulated and restricted" recreational model comes in. As patients, the new regs allow you or your caregiver to make ice wax or rosin, where as the old rules didn't. And you can apply to grow your own, but the applications take ~ 16 weeks to process, even renewals, which can leave you unlicensed in mid crop, make it so you can't keep mothers, basically reset each year for what's left of it after your renewal comes. small dose of freedom but take every right you can, I say

Latest posts

Top Bottom