Canadian Posession Affecting Travel?

• Thread starter Limeygreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Limeygreen

I was busted for having a small ammount of hashish, about .1-.2 grams and got a notice to appear. Long story short I am talking to a a lawyer soon but I am wondering if anyone knows if it can affect my ability to travel to europe, I am leaving in a couple weeks so any input would be greatly appreciated.

A

Arti.chokes

The general rule of Customs & Excise is that a total amount of cannabis (hashish or marijuana) of under 10g (approx 3/8oz) will normally attract an on the spot fine, if it is a first offence and there are no other reasons to detain you. The practice is known as 'compounding', and avoids an appearance in court. Of course, if it happens once, you are likely to get pulled again, and again etc.

This is for the UK, and i know that you are not bringing any! but my point is, if this is what you get for 10g's then you cannot see the UK customs being bothered about your bust from back home, as long as bail conditions don't stop you traveling and they didn't alter your passport i don't see anyone looking twice at you, hope not, have a great trip, Arti

A

Arti.chokes

I meant to say, as for the rest of Europe, most countries are similar and these days they just want your tourist dollars, you'll be fine, Arti.

L

Limeygreen

Perfect that's what I was thinking, Lived in canada my whole life and it seems to be becoming more restricting as each day passes. Thank you for your help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom